Chapter 49 -Sasuke retrieval squad

I still do NOT own Naruto or anything, this is just a Fanfic..............But I DO own Leaha/Saki and Kale AND THEIR PLOT

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CHAPTER 49 -~-

I stood before Lady Tsunade while we waited for Shikamaru. "Kakashi spoke with me last night. He said you had a break down after Naruto and Sasuke fought on the roof of the hospital?"

I kept my gaze on the floor, glancing at Kale out of the corner of my eye. "Yes. I didn't handle it very well, I'm sorry for causing such a disturbance." I bowed my head lower.

"That's not why I'm asking you. Did you know this was going to happen?"

I looked up at her, my mouth opening and closing as I debated my next choice of words. "I-I knew it could." I clenched a fist at my side. "I was going to watch him-"

"It was my fault Lady Hokage," Kale interrupted. "I told Saki I would keep an eye on him, but when she called out to me after an attack I left a clone to look after him. That's when he managed to slip away."

"An attack?" She rose from her chair, hands on either side of the desk. "Who attacked you? And why wasn't this reported!"

"They're called the Sound Four, they work for Orochimaru. They came after me and tried to win me over to his side. From what they said, they also visited Sasuke at some point earlier that day. I didn't have time to report it, after I escaped them we went to check up on Sasuke right away, but... he was already gone."

"I see," she sighed. "I never thought he'd make his move so quickly." She was interrupted by a knock on the door. "Come in."

"You wanted to see me Lady Hokage?" Shikamaru stepped in, closing the door behind him. He gave me and Kale a curious look.

"Yes, late last night Sasuke Uchiha left the Leaf Village and we're certain he's headed for the Hidden Sound Village."

"He just left? How could this happen?" he said. I glared at the floor, this was all my fault.

"Simple, Orochimaru has him in his clutches." She spoke calmly.

"What? That doesn't make any sense. What would Sasuke have to gain from talking to a psycho like that?"

"At this point the reason isn't important, we need to deal with this situation. It's time you carried out your first mission as a chunin leader Shikamaru."

"So all I gotta do is bring Sasuke back?"

"Yes, that's your mission but it must be accomplished without delay and you may find it a more dangerous task than you think." Shikamaru's eyes widened. "Saki believes that he met up with a group of Orochimaru's men."

"What? Really?" He looked at me. I nodded an admittance. "Well if that's so I'll need to request a team made exclusively of jonin and chunin."

"You know I can't honor that request Shikamaru. As I'm sure you are aware, most of the jonin have been sent out on missions, the ones left are needed for defense. Take any genin you feel are up to it, you have half an hour to leave the village."

Shikamaru sighed, "this whole thing's a drag, but I do know the guy so I can't just let it go. Well, that's just the way it is I guess. Come on Saki, I doubt you'd stay behind even if I told you to."

"Hold on, there is one person I strongly suggest you include," Tsunade smirked.

~~~~~

"I'm gonna go change, I'll be right back." I told Shikamaru as he stopped in front of Naruto's door.