Family, What Could Go Wrong?

Before I begin this chapter, I'd like to apologize for my absence. Thank you for 110 reads! So happy! Love y'all. Enjoy!

••••|••••|••••|••••|••••|••••|••••|••••|••••|••••|••••

Harper King| Hospital parking lot

I sighed glancing down at my phone, I shifted my weight impatiently in the driver's seat of the ford. I left the car running and had the rock station at a level where it's not loud, but it not quiet either. I jumped when an ambulance flew right past my car sirens blarring.

"Open up!"

I screamed and jumped my knee hitting the steering wheel hard. "Conrad you ass."

He laughed, "I shouldve been recording. Your reaction" he interupted himself with another laugh. I rolled my eyes and opened my door, turning off the engine. "Screw you."

"Any day blondie" he smirked

I bit my lower lip and got out of the car, thankful for the cold air to cool my warming cheeks. "Whatever" was all I managed to say. He smiled at this.

"I mean you didnt decline it" his voice was coated with amusement. I shrugged, hopeing itd mess with his head. He then looked at me serious, "wait what?" My reaction clearly got to him.

"Hmm?" I asked innocently

He shook his head, "never mind"

I bit my lip to hold back a laugh. I won this round. I mentally congratulated myself. I locked my car door using the remote and shoved it into my north face pocket.

"Ready?" I asked, noticing his silence.

He looked longly at the hospital and sucked in a breath. He looks so nervous, so afraid. Vulnerable even. With even registering my actions I grabbed his hand closest to me and gave it a squeeze.

He looked down at our hands and returned my gesture. I smiled. "Alright." he said letting out a sigh. He didn't let go of my hand.

We walked to the sliding front doors,leaving the murky gray outdoors and into the top white too bright loby. My steps echoed. He led me to an elevator and pushed the botton.
We waited a few good seconds, his body so tense so close to mine. The elevator dinged announcing it's arrival and opened its doors.

"Lovely music"

He nodded, not even the slightest hint of amusement appeared on his glorious face. He stepped inside and his thumb drew circles on the back of my hand as he pressed for the thrid floor. I wanted to reassure him. Let him know it was going to be okay. But then again, what did I know.

The elevator feeling made my stomach church more and my head spun (I got that feeling just writting about it lol. Seriously hate elevators). The rythem of the music wasnt helping either. I realized how anxious I was feeling and wanted to puke. My thoughts twirled negatively.

What if she doesnt like me?
What if I have an attack?
What if his parents dont like me?
What if the nurses wont let me in?
What if Conrad decides to keep me alone with his parents, or worse being completly alone in the white, and smells of the halls?