A Late Drive Home

Harper King |Conrad's Truck

Conrad pulled onto a gravel road and drive for about a mile. The radio was coming in and out so I switched it to a different station. I looked over at Conrad, who had his eyes fixed on the road. He looked like he was lost in his thoughts, like he was have asleep, yet wide awake. I stared at him. He had a thin scar across the side of his neck. It was small and barley noticeable. It looked like it was from a blade, as if he barley dodged it.

Conrad turned his head and met my gaze. My cheeks flushed and I looked away. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw a smirk plastered on his face. Conrad pulled up to a gate that said no trespassing and got out if the truck. He jumped over it and unlocked the iron gate and opened it.

"What the hell?! Please tell me you know the person who lives here." I yelled at him when he cane back inside. I looked at Conrad who had an amused look on his face. I wanted to slap him. "Chill out. My parents own this place." He answered with a chuckle before driving through. He went up the gravel drive and through the trees I saw a beautiful, two story log cabin.

I let out a slight gasp

I let out a slight gasp. It was so amazing, like one of those houses you see off of Fixer Upper or Dream Homes or Home Magazines or something. He pulled into the drive and put his truck in park. "Welcome to Fisher Cabin." He said with a mocking tone

Harper King | Fisher Cabin

Conrad turned the engine off and got out. I got out of the truck and followed him up, pulling on my sleeves because of light chilly breeze. I looked up and saw the sunset through the pine trees and I watched the dying leaves glisson. Conrad looked at me and half smiled. I returned one before grabbing his hand and turning back to the scene in front of me. He seemed kind of startled by my actions and gave my hand a squeeze. And we stood there watching the sun vanish behind the trees.

....

When the sky began showing it's stars and the purple began to become darker and the breeze came harder, Conrad lead me inside. We climbed the wood steps to the front porch. He unlocked the red door and pushed it open revealing a beautiful rustic themed room. He kick his shoes off and I did the same. I left my sleeves relax when he shut the door. Suddenly, I got a little scared. I back slowly towards the door. "Um, shouldn't I be heading home soon?" I asked, my voice cracking a little. Conrad looked at me then sighed before pulling his phone out of his pocket. "Its only 6:45." He looked back up at me and gave me a sympathetic look.

"Harper, are you OK?" I nodded, but I didn't feel it. My chest hurt. "No. I'm just..." I sighed and Conrad grabbed my hand. "I'm not going to hurt you. I'm not going to do whatever your ex did OK? I'm just me. Nothing bad is going to happen. I promise." I nodded. He pulled me into a hug and I breathed in his scent. I was comforted instantly and my cheeks started to burn.