Episode 10: Pardon My F-Bombs

I couldn't believe it, this asshole really stole my Nan. I mean who does that? Ever?! All four of us stood in the empty class room. Apparently Oz put up wards to tell him when we stepped on school grounds. The second we walked in he had that stupid crooked smile on his face. Just another thing Nan was right about, crooked smile, crooked intentions. He tossed me a small snow globe that fit in my palm. When the flakes inside settled I saw Nan inside banging on the glass. It was horrifying. Looking up at Oz, "You sick, twisted fart-weed. That is MY Nan. She wouldn't hurt you. If your trying to piss me off, your doin pretty good job at it cause right now I just want to rip you to pieces." I yelled at him balling my fists. Every inch of me felt electric, like everything was upped to 100. The best part is watching Oz cower away like the pansy he is.

   "Ju, man, I think you should calm down a little. The power coming off you is off the charts but you don't know how to control it yet. You could really hurt yourself." Howl genuinely sounded worried and under normal circumstances I would listen to him. But right now all I feel is anger and hatred.

   Oz panicked, turning to go run behind a knocked over desk. I laughed, "The least you could do is face me like a man you worthless coward!" I glared at the desk he was behind. I was about to try my hand at throwing a bolt over there when Beni stood in front of me. He placed his hand around the one I had raised. He flinched at the static and that had me cooling my jets. I'm hurting Benni. Stepping back I pulled out of Beni's reach. "I'm sorry."

   If Beni was going to say something I'll never know what. Oz stood up right then dusting himself off. "Well, now that we've all come to our senses." He flipped the desk so it was standing and sat on the surface. "If you want to free your Nan, then find the winter warlock." With that he rubbed his ring and disappeared in a black cloud of smoke.

   I punched the desk. "That damn weasel! I can't believe I almost trusted him, thought of him as a friend. Whatever," I sighed shaking my head and pulled the snowglobe out of my pocket. "How could anyone do this to Nan?" I said mostly to myself. I mean I just can't believe it. Looking up I at my friends I put her back in my pocket. "Okay, where's the winter warlock?" I asked and they all shared a look of worry.

   Beni was the first to speak up. "That's the problem. You see, no one has seen the winter warlock since the battle of seasons in the giants territory. That was 500 years ago, and there was only one. If he is alive? No one has seen him since." He sat on a desk crossing his arms to think.

   Strange atarted pacing back and forth and Howl was trying to get her to sit. I forgot Nan is her's too. "Hey Strange? We'll figure it out, okay?" I stepped in front of her and put my arms out to hug her. The minute she latched on she began to cry. "Its okay." I soothed, rubbing her back. When she pulled away she sat in a chair by Howl and actually grabbed his hand. They didn't say anything but I saw the comfort and relief in their faces. Cute, please get together. You two are so perfect for each other.

   "What if it didn't have to be the winter warlock? Cause I know a warlock, maybe she can help." I nodded, I mean we don't really have another choice.

   Strange looked up at him, "How do you know a warlock? They hate mystics."

   "Because I'm not a mystic, I'm a shifter magician. I'm in Shu Village because the principal owes my father." We all we're shocked, well I was more confused but thats only because I don't know what any of that means.

   "Shifter? So like you can change how you look, right? Or is that other things?" I asked him trying to wrap my head around it. "But aren't you supposed to be about necromancy?" I remembered that from the jail.

   Howl scratched his neck. "Yeah, thats a cover up." Explaining, he kept his eyes on Strange who continued to look stoic.

   When she got up she walked in front of him then bowed. "Well your highness lets go find your warlock." She said bitterly and walked to leave. Howl ran after her trying to catch her.