"Who's talking to you here?" Dash snapped.

"You are talking to my girlfriend, which means you are talking to me," Damien stated, his eyes firm.

"Bri is her own person, not your goddamn property; stop treating her like one." Dash gritted.

"She is my girlfriend and how I treat my girlfriend is my own business. You need to back off," retorted Damien.

As much as I liked Damien telling Dash to back off and mind his own business, I couldn't help the irritation simmering in my belly. I didn't understand how girls could enjoy boys fighting over them, because I wanted to slap them both. They didn't get to decide who I talked to or who needed to stay away from me.

"I think I get to decide who speaks to me and who doesn't," I cut in, shutting them both.

"Of course, Bri, I'm just telling him back off because he's hurt you," Damien said, his voice soft as he took my hand in his.

"Who are you to tell me to do anything?" Dash questioned, murder glinting in those azure eyes.

"Dash, please go away. The exam will be starting soon and I need to make sure I'm prepared." I told him.

"You know everything, you are smart," Dash replied, his voice taking on a softer edge.

"Mr. Melwin, what are you doing here? Take your seat, the exam is about to start," Mrs. Lemons said, as soon as she entered the classroom.

Dash grumbled something under his breath before throwing me a pointed look and walking away. I knew it in my heart that he would never leave me alone until I broke up with Damien. And if Damien continued to act the way he just did then Dash might get his wish sooner rather than later.

"I'm sorry. Are you mad at me?" Damien asked, guilt saturating his words.

"I'm not mad, I'm just...annoyed. I don't like people speaking up for me when I can do it myself," I answered.

"I'm sorry. I just don't like it when he comes and talk to you," Damien explained.

"Yes, well you don't have to tell him to leave for me; I can do it myself," I argued.

"Alright, I won't say it next time. Do you forgive me now?" Unlike Dash, I could sense that Damien was feeling remorse.

"Yes, you are forgiven." I nodded just as Mrs. Lemons told all the students to stop talking and get ready for the exam. I was cursing Dash as I took out my stationary from my bag, because he had seriously messed with my mind and now I might not be able to ace this exam.

When the exam paper was handed to me, I pushed all thoughts of Dash and Damien to the back of my mind—well tried to—and focused my mind on my exam. I knew my father needed me to ace this exam; he'd been extremely clear about his expectations from me. I couldn't let him down.

~*~*~*~*

"So? How was the exam?" Damien asked as we walked towards the courtyard, with ice cream in hand.

"I think I could've done better. God this year is not proving to be a good year for me," I muttered, enjoying the soft breeze caressing my skin.

"Don't be so negative. This year might not have had a good start but it's better now," he replied with a shrug.

"You are way too optimistic," I remarked, looking around for the perfect spot to sit down and enjoy my creamy dessert.

"I have to be, since my girlfriend is pessimistic. If we both become pessimistic then this year would indeed suck," he responded.