R E D

CHAPTER FOUR—RED

CHAPTER FOURRED

[ "If one says 'red' - the name of color - and there are fifty people listening, it can be expected that there will be fifty reds in their minds. And one can be sure that all these reds will be very different." -Josef Albers ]

Jungkook started to realize that if he wanted to have time by himself he'd have to do exclusive planning for it to happen. That usually including him messaging Seokjin to tell him that he wasn't going out to do anything on that day. Seokjin seemed to be the type of person who likes to go places and as much as Jungkook enjoyed having someone to hang out with, he also truly enjoyed resting and taking a much needed nap from time to time. Sometimes his requests were ignored by the older male, one of those happened to be today.

Jungkook was sitting in his apartment, flipping through a book while wearing a fluffy sweater and drinking a cup of tea when he got a call from guess who?, and with an annoyed groan escaping past his lips, he picked up the phone and his the answer button. "This better be a life or death situation," he said once he answered.

A chuckle came from the other side of the phone and he could almost hear the witty smirk on the other's face as he spoke. "That's not the proper way to answer the phone, Kook," Seokjin replied with and Jungkook had to stop himself from groaning.

"I'm serious. I told you today I was resting and that I didn't want to hear anything from you the whole day."

"That's very true, but this is highly important."

Jungkook mulled over the thought in his head for a moment, not truly believing Seokjin's statement. He doubted that anything Seokjin wanted to do was of such high importance because the only thing of "importance" to Seokjin was teaching him lessons. He couldn't deny, though, that those words of wisdom did help him a lot. He appreciated having someone actually care about him, but he wasn't going to show it.

With a vexed exhale leaving his nose, he nodded his head. "Fine. I'll be waiting for you to see what this important thing is."

"Believe in me, Jungkook." The line went dead and Jungkook let his eyes roll as he stood up and grabbed shoes. He got a text from Seokjin and he left his apartment, finding himself in Seokjin's passenger seat once more. As Seokjin drove he let his eyes wander out the window again, watching the scenery fly by in a blink of an eye. There was so much to see but so little time to focus on it. Jungkook started to wonder if that was on purpose. Before he could gather his thoughts around it, he felt a hand on his shoulder. He looked over and stared directly into Seokjin's eyes, seeing a smile on his face.

"Yes?" Jungkook asked, assuming Seokjin had asked him a question that he didn't hear.

"There's something interesting about you," he said, removing his hand and beginning to drive once more.

"You think so?"

Seokjin nodded, turning a corner. "You're the kind of person who doesn't understand that people have opinions, and everyone is entitled to them." Jungkook stared at him in complete and utter confusion. Seokjin noticed and continued on. "You have opinions, I have opinions. We all have a way of thinking and it won't be the same as yours. We're here." Seokjin parked and stepped out of the car, going over to the other side and helping Jungkook out. He looked out and saw they were at an art museum. Jungkook thought it was a nice place but confused on why this was so important. Was there an exhibit that was closing soon and they needed to see it as quick as possible? He wasn't sure and he almost wanted to hit Seokjin for ruining his resting day.

They got inside more and Jungkook followed behind Seokjin, looking around at the beautiful pieces of art. "Hey," he began, getting a hum in response, "what were you going on about in the car?"

Seokjin glanced at him before he turned back and kept walking. "You don't understand why things don't happen how they should and you get angry when they don't turn out right. Whether the blame rests with you or someone else. You don't get the concept."

Jungkook huffed and crossed his arms over his chest, his eyebrows furrowing in irritation. "So you dragged me out of my home to criticize me and take me to a museum?" he asked and he received a chuckle.

"You came willingly. Besides, we are where I wanted to take you." Seokjin opened up a door and Jungkook walked inside. The irritation slowly left his face as his eyes caught onto what was inside of the room—or lack there of. He turned left and right and in a circle, not completely believing what he was seeing.

The whole room, wall to wall, ceiling to floor, was painted red. A bright, glossy, cherry red. He was baffled at the sight; it was something he's never ever seen before. His eyes landed on Seokjin who gave him a calming smile.

"What is this?" he questioned and watched as Seokjin walked closer, running his fingers across one of the walls.

"This is a very special exhibit. As you can clearly tell, everything here is red. Empty, but red." Seokjin walked around the room abit more, his smiling never fading. "How would you describe this red?"

Jungkook took another look, trying to find the words to describe it perfectly. "It's a bright cherry red, a bit obnoxious to be honest."

"Well, I see a more of a blue toned red, maybe a crimson."

Jungkook scoffed at him. "There's no way that this bright color looks like a crimson. It's a cherry red."

"See what I mean? You got angry because what I said didn't match what you were thinking." Jungkook tried to think of something to say against it but he came up with nothing. Instead he stood there, allowing Seokjin to continue on with what he was saying. "We view colors differently. Everyone does. What might look like a cherry red to you looks like a crimson to me."

"I'm not following," Jungkook admitted, carding a hand through his hair. "I don't understand what you're trying to get at."

Jungkook watched as Seokjin finally walked to him, standing right in front of him. He placed a hand on his shoulder and squeezed lightly. "The red you see might not be the red anyone else sees. Your opinions might not be the same as ours. Just because someone's eyes see something different doesn't make them wrong. You can't treat people differently based on the fact that they don't agree with you."

The younger man's eyes opened, the realization hitting him finally. He nodded shyly at Seokjin who grinned, taking him out of the room finally to explore the rest of the museum. The whole time Jungkook was focused on Seokjin's words, them digging deep into his brain just like everything else Seokjin told him. He had that effect on him; all of his lessons stuck with him and he actually did pay attention to them and think about them constantly. He rolled his eyes once he got out of his trance, smirking to himself. He couldn't believe he just let Seokjin lecture him again, and he couldn't believe that he enjoyed it.