Chapter 29 "Mine"

Start from the beginning

"Shut up. And yes I'm free."

"Oh, you're back. Done dreaming about your hot assistant? "

I glared at the choice of his words for Sophie and muttered angrily.

"Shut up, Idiot. "

He just laughed at my reply and said I didn't even try to deny it.

He told me he's going to pick me up as he wanted to visit this club which opened and is getting really popular.

I changed into a simple t shirt and jeans and added a leather jacket to complete my look.
It didn't take long for Chris to arrive. We headed for this new club called 'Nightlife' which was on the opposite side of city.

We reached the club and as we entered, all the females nearby were giving us seductive looks while some even dared to touch. Chris was having the best time of his life as he returned the girls their seductive looks by one of his own.

We made our way to the VIP section and ordered some drinks. It was quite dark in this area of the club though unlike the bar and dance floor.

"Christian, Alex is that you?"

We looked upto see our old friend, Owen.
He looked really surprised seeing us here and I'm mine and Christian's expression matched it.

He was with us during college and we were close friends. Not really best friends but we were close. But it's been almost a year since we last saw him as he moved to LA.

He didn't change at all. Same Green eyes and sharp jawline. His jet black is a little longer than I remember and he looked a lot more fit than before. He gained a lot of muscle.

I also noticed he had small tattoo on his forearm.

"hey what's up? Long time, no see."

Christian said as he stood up and gave him a bro hug. I did the same.

"Hey buddy, when did you come back?"

"Oh I just came back two weeks ago. I was going to call you guys to tell you."

We all sat down again talked for awhile. Just catching up. We were just talking about how everyone else from our batch is doing and what not. Turned out, Owen is actually the owner of the club. He just bought it a week ago and was here to have look.

We were just talking and laughing, when something caught my eye. From where I was sitting, I had a clear view of the dance floor. The VIP lounge was just behind the dance floor and a little bit uplifted.

Christian was just asking Owen about his time in LA but I was not able to answer as my sole focus was on someone I saw.
At first, I thought maybe it was just my imagination or maybe I saw someone else but then I saw it again.

Daniel.

I'm damn sure it was him. He was dancing with some dude and didn't see me.

My mind started to swirl with millions of questions and possibilities.

What is he doing here? Who is that dude?

And the final one,

Is Sophie also here?

It was starting to hurt my head a little. Not even a day and this Daniel guy is already getting on my last nerves.

I brought my drink upto my mouth and took a huge sip. This is really messing with my mind right now. I just kept absent mindedly nodding at whatever Chris and Owen were talking about when suddenly I felt like someone just dumped a heavy weight on me.