15.

The General climbed out of the car and although I was still attached to him via the chain lead, I was in front as I walked to the front door of my old home.

I was a little embarrassed, as there were no pavements in this part of town; only mud or dirt paths with icy patches on top. I had almost forgotten while being in my new home at how run down the house actually was; there were huge holes in the glass windows, and the bricks were crumbling.

Just before I knocked on the door, I looked up at the General, "Please may I hug her?" I asked quietly, hoping that he'd let me go to my Mama.

He nodded once and I lifted my hand, knocking on the wet wood. I heard the sound of my old Masters voice, and then the door was opening.

"Mama," My voice broke when I saw her face at the door, and she dropped the cup in her hand in shock. She looked up at the General standing behind me, and then back to me, her eyes filling with tears.

"Go ahead," The General muttered, letting go of the lead.

"Mama!" I rushed forward and enveloped her in my arms, holding on to her so tightly I thought that she might break.

"Honey Bee," She sobbed, wrapping her arms around me and burying her face in my shoulder. I could feel my own tears trickling down my cheeks; I never thought I'd see her again, but here she was, right in front of me, in my arms.

I was shocked to feel how cold she was, however, and slowly pulled away, even though I wished that I didn't have to.

"Mama, I have some things for you," I said, "The General allowed me to get you some things,"

My Mamas eyes widened and she looked at the General, her cheeks draining of colour, "No, I couldn't accept anything, that would be disrespectful," She said, "Honey Bee, why would you ask such a thing?" She turned back to the General, "I'm so sorry for her disrespect,"

The General smiled a little and my eyes almost popped out of my head in shock. I had never seen him smile before.

"I offered," He said, "As a reward for good behaviour,"

"Thank you so much," Mama said, bowing. She jumped up, however, when there was a voice calling from inside.

"Finish whatever the hell you're doing and get back inside, it's cold!"

"Please tell your Master to come here," The General said, the smile dropping from his face. My Mama bowed again and quickly rushed inside. She returned a moment later with an angry looking man, who was previously my Master.

"1216, why the fuck are you bac- General Park!" My old Master quickly changed his tone when he saw the General behind me, "What an honour to see you at my door,"

"Mmhmm," The General hummed, reaching into the basket in my hand. He pulled out a couple of the brown wrapped packages and placed them in my mothers hands, "These are for your woman," He addressed my Mamas Master, "A gift as a reward for 1216's good behaviour," He narrowed his eyes a little, "They are for the woman, do you understand?"

The Master looked a little annoyed and nodded and the General stepped back, picking up the lead attached to my collar again.

However, the Master frowned when he saw the red tag hanging from the collar, "She's got a warning?!" He asked, "Why?"

My Mama gasped when she saw what the Master did, "Honey Bee what did you do?!"

"Shut up," The Master snapped at her, before turning back to me, an angry look in his eyes, "How could you disgrace me so much by becoming a Red Zone woman?!" He cried, "You ungrateful, insolent-" He lifted his hand, as if to hit me, but the General stepped forward, grabbing his wrist in his hand.

"You are not to touch her," He said, his voice low as if he was resisting the urge to hit him, "This is my woman, and you do not have my permission. Unless you want me to remove your hands?" The Generals hand dropped my lead to rest lightly on the handle of the sword at his hip.

"No, Sir," The Master said, his face turning red from anger and embarrassment. The General let go of him and lifted the lead again.

"If you take this out on your woman, I'll have you executed," He said, before turning to me, "It's time to go, say goodbye,"

I turned to my Mama, tears once again slowly dripping down my cheeks.

"I love you, Mama," I said, wrapping my arms around her again, "Please take care of yourself!"

"I love you, too, Honey Bee," She lowered her voice, "May your childbirths be easy," She whispered into my ear.

"May your Masters hand be gentle," I said back, as quietly as I could through the effort of trying not to cry.

"I'm proud of you, Bee," She said softly, before stepping back, "You have a good Master. Take very good care of him,"

Once I had stepped back, my Mama bowed deeply at the General, and headed back inside. At this time of morning, she was usually tending the fire to heat the house up, and I could soon hear the sound of wood clacking together, a bit louder than usual, because she was emotional.

The Master bowed once again to the General, before he also disappeared inside to get himself ready for work.

The General tugged slightly on the lead and I turned and followed him back towards where the car was parked.

"Thank you, Sir," I said quietly, my eyes on the ground, "I don't even know how to show my gratitude to you,"

The General sighed, "Just follow my orders when we leave," He said, "And maybe, you can let me he-" He stopped himself abruptly, "Just follow my orders," He repeated, before pushing me into the car and climbing in next to me.

I don't know what he was about to say, but I knew at that moment, whatever it was he wanted me to do, I would do it.