Chapter 10

Author's note: I'm changing how they speak for the rest of the chapters. I'm not gonna put Jordyn- or Caleb- unless it is in texts because it is getting on my nerves so just letting you guys know. 

Jordyn's POV

I jumped at the knocks that were coming from Caleb's front door. "Go get the door please. I'll go hide in the closet while you go take care whatever is going on out there," I said sarcastically. "Oh stop being so dramatic. You are coming with me," Caleb said rolling his eyes."Hey i'm not," I said acting offended. He took my hand and pulled me out if the room with him grinning at what I just said. 

We walked all the way down stairs while the knocks still continued longer and louder. Caleb takes me to the side and opens the door while I see everything through the crack. I seen a random woman with Kevin. She looked like an older me, it must be my mother. She looked extremely angry about something. I was just about to step next to Caleb where she can see me but got a text before I can.

Kevin- GO HIDE NOW! You can't be by your mom i'll explain everything if you go hide somewhere. 

Jordyn- Alright but you better tell me everything i'm not kidding. 

I quietly run to this room that inquired a key, so instead I ran upstairs to find somewhere to hide. I see a key in Caleb's closet that has a U on it. I grabbed it and before I could go back down stairs I seen another door and unlocked it and walked in. I could see and hear everything clearly from where I was at on a computer screen. Why does Caleb have these things? I got very scared and confused at what was going on here. I turned around and seen a picture of my foster mom. KATHY???

Caleb's POV

The woman kept yelling and then Kevin finally walked away and waved a finger up at me to tell me to hold on. I let the woman in and seen that Jordyn was not behind me. I kept calm so I didn't attract attention. Whoever this woman was knew Jordyn somehow. I sat down on my couch and looked at the woman. "What's your name?" I asked nervously. 

"My name is Jean," she said nicely. JEAN? As in JEAN HALLWAY. If this is who I think it was then this was Jordyn's mom. "Hello Jean nice to meet you, how can I help you?" I asked calmly. Kevin finally stepped in and took over. "Yes, this is Jordyn's birth mom, do you know where she is?" he says giving me a wink like not to give her up. "No I do not sorry," I said nervously. 

Jordyn's POV

MY MOM IS HERE? WHAT? WHY DOES SHE WANT ME ALL OF A SUDDEN? I WANNA MEET HER! Before I could walk out of the room I was in I got a text. 

Kevin- Do not come out. Yes your mom is here but she isn't who you think she is. She will kill you that is why she is here. DO NOT COME DOWN HERE I MEAN IT. 

Jordyn- NO, that is my mother and i'm coming out right now I don't believe you. You only all of a sudden just now tried to protect me. I don't trust any of you right now. I don't even think I can trust Caleb I found something I shouldn't have. I got out my phone and texted Caleb. 

Jordyn- WHY IS THERE A PICTURE OF KATHY IN HERE? You better explain yourself or i'm coming out and going with my birth mom. I mean it Caleb you better not be on Kathy's side on anything. 

I saw him look at his phone and then dismiss himself so he can come talk to me. Next thing I know the door unlocks and Caleb comes into the room and closes the door behind him. "Babe listen, I know Jean very well and she isn't a very good person and I know you wanna have her side because that is your mom but she isn't who you think she is. She is on sides with Kathy and she captured Kevin she has a gun and is trying to find you to kill you. Please believe me. I have been researching this all my life and I am not kidding there is proof right here." He shows me a bunch of papers proving that my mom was bad and that she abducted kids, brainwashed them and killed them to get her revenge on one of her kids killing her husband. It said that Kathy was helping her because she payed her. 

I was furious and I believed Caleb because he had complete proof right in front of me. I was worried about Kevin and I needed to help him. I ran out of the room leaving Caleb behind. "How dare you do what you did Jean," I said walking madly towards her. All I heard was BOOM. Everything around me became black.