Chapter 2

---------------

Caleb's POV

Devon-Caleb's friend

Mr. Henley- Teacher

----------------

I'm at my locker but I already feel like today is going to be different. It feels different and not in a good way. All I hear is people laughing and whispering all around. I turn around and look at why everyone is doing that but now I know. There is a new girl and they must know something about her, that's why everyone's being mean but it's not okay at all.

Caleb-Hey what's going on?

My friend Devon walked over to me. He is a junior the same grade as me, except he's taller and scarier. He is like a teddy bear though, so I don't have to worry. 

Devon- You didn't hear? The new girl she's a foster child and her parents are Kathy and Kevin. 

Caleb- So? and that makes it okay to laugh on her first day of school? If anything you should feel bad for her especially because her parents are abusive so leave her alone for real. 

Devon- Why are you sticking up for her? Do you like her? I don't care who she is but that doesn't mean I wanna be nice so stop sticking up for her. When did you get so soft dude for real. 

I mean she is really beautiful. She has medium brown hair and brown eyes. She fits perfectly in her jeans and crop top and she is skinny. She is about 5'4 and she is just perfect but I don't think I'll get a chance with her she's way out of my league. 

Devon-You know what man? I dare you to go out with her for one day and break up with her the next day. 

Caleb- Okay, fine I will. It wouldn't last long anyways. 

I walk away and into class. I sit down in the seat I usually sit in. 20 minutes after I walked in the new girl did too. 

Mr. Henley- Class sit down and be quiet please. I want to introduce someone to you guys. This is Jordyn Hallway and she's gone through a lot throughout her life so be respectful to her and treat her like any other classmate. No drama at all in this classroom. (Looks at jordyn) Jordyn you can sit wherever you like there is a lot of empty seats, pick one and let me know so I can put it as your assign seat. 

Jordyn walks over to where i'm sitting and sits next to me. My stomach starts to turn. She smiles at me and says hi. I just smile back and her face turns bright red. Mr. Henley assigned her seat next to me after she sat down next to me. School felt like forever to get over with. When it was finally over I tried to catch up with Jordyn to talk to her. 

Caleb- Hey wait. Do you drive home? 

Jordyn- Nope I don't have a car. I walk. 

Caleb- Then let me take you home 

Jordyn- Oh..Okay

Jordyn's POV

I'm in his car. Just sitting there and then he looks at me and smiles. He hands me a piece of paper

Jordyn- What's this?

Caleb- My number

Jordyn- oh. Hey you never told me your name what is your name

Caleb- Caleb

Jordyn- oh nice to meet you Caleb. I think you already know my name though

Caleb- yeah...

We drive silently in the car the whole ride. Caleb was so handsome. He has dirty blonde hair and brown eyes. He is the most popular guy in the school so I doubt i'll ever get a chance with him. To me he's just perfect. He's around 5'9 and his smile makes me smile. I get butterflies when he's around me.  We finally get to my house. Kathy is waiting for me at the door with her arms crossed.

Jordyn- Thank you for taking me home but I gotta go my mom is waiting for me and I should go so i'll see you tomorrow at school

Caleb- Wait (grabs my arm) 

Jordyn- Yeah? 

Caleb- Will you be able to text me or call me tonight? 

Jordyn- I don't know i'll see (pause)... my mom is overprotective and when she gets mad she destroys everything especially me