🔽 Bleeding Skies 🔼

Start from the beginning

Then there is nothing in the chamber but the man, her and utter silence. When he moves to stand before her, she can't help herself from backing further away though there really isn't any room left. The chains rattle noisily as she tries.

He squats before her and her firm refusal to look at the vile face of the man who has paid an obscene amount of money to defile her shakes when he speaks, low enough that she'd have missed it had he not been so close.

"Are you Sakura?"

She blinks. The pimp has always introduced her as 'Cherry' before. What changed?

He reaches a hand toward her. The chains instantly rattle as she attempts to shift away, then yelps when their limit is reached and they painfully yank at her skin.

"I'm Sasuke," he introduces just as quietly.

She does not care for his name! She doesn't want to know the name of the man who rips the final thread of her dignity away. But her being is shaking and she cannot gather enough courage to speak.

The first contact happens when the man's hand touches her shoulder and she screams. Sasuke - she hates that she knows his name - only humans should have names - is beside her.

"I will not touch you," he whispers to her and she tells herself she imagines his tone to be soft. And highly unlikely, her somehow awake snarky self adds, for he is already touching her.

It's all an illusion. It's all an act, her mind supplies and she jerks her shoulder in response. His hand falls away.

"I only need to know if you are Sakura."

She does not answer. She will not allow her name to be defiled with her. Its the only thing she has left of her late parents.

"Look," he says. "If the bastard pimp outside does not hear another sound in the next minute, he will come in. I am probably your only chance. So tell me if you are Sakura - I promise I will not touch you, but I need you to make a sound."

Perhaps because this man - Sasuke - has cursed her captor, she slowly allows a nod and wonders yet again if she misunderstood his exhale here.

"Good," he says. "Sakura, make a noise as if you are in pain. Move your arms so the chains make noise."

She is finally baffled enough to look up and her eyes stop at a handsome young man. His odd, dark hair would stand out if not for his eyes that look like burning charcoals as they reflect the torchlight.

"Hurry," he tells her and this time his voice is urgent.

It is his tone that shakes her into movement and compels her to move her arms about unsurely. The chains rattle. He gives her a nod of approval. She is confused, and knows it shows on her face. It has been a long time, but she is sure this isn't a normal interaction.

"Say 'no'," he instructs, adding, "Move as if you are actually resisting or he will suspect us."

She does so, but cannot understand the need to say - oh.

He wants her to pretend as if he's... But why? He must have seen the realization on her face, for he nods and turns his back to her. "Hurry."

She blinks twice, then slowly words a 'no'. Since he isn't watching anymore, it somehow makes it easier to do. Slowly, her hands flail and she begins shouting louder 'no's. Taking his silence for approval, she screams louder this time. Abruptly, he turns, grabbing her wrists and she reflexively tries to jerk away.

Sasuke shushes her. "Any more than this will also garner suspicion," he says, slowly letting her wrists go, but then he looks genuinely apologetic and slowly places his palm over her mouth. Panic bursts inside her. Then he says, "Scream."