🔼 The Unseen 🔽

WARNING: Please exercise discretion when reading this story. Readers have been warned about the content of this story. NOT FOR CHILDREN.

🔽🔼🔽🔼🔽🔼🔽🔼🔽🔼🔽🔼

Its unedited, guys. There are going to be a lot of mistakes. Please excuse them.

Words: 4.1 K

Published On: 02.12.18

🔽🔼🔽🔼🔽🔼🔽🔽🔼🔽🔼

This is a terrifying tale of a man who lost the only woman he ever loved to something he never could have imagined. Fate had long since decided how their tragic story would end.  And it all started long before they were even born.

1948

She sits by the merry-go-round in the empty park, swaying back and forth on her feet. Her head is dropped onto her knees and the midnight moon is knocking on her small form.

She'll be coming round the mountain when she comes..

Her pretty dress is torn at the sleeve, exposing her shoulder. Her wet hair is matted against her skin. The night air is freezing and biting against the skin and she is shivering inside. Her heart is quaking and trembling.

And we'll all run and hide when she comes..  

A chuckle trembles out from between her lips as the time nears. The bells ring thrice from the tower and she breaks into laughter. The sound is jarring, malicious.. evil. Her head lifts from her knees and a grin splits her lips. Stained teeth expose themselves in the moonlight and grey eyes gleam with mirth.

She'll be wearing blood red death when she comes..  

2002

Sasuke is late, but he thinks she might appreciate his reason this time as he races down the street. She is already sitting in their regular booth, chin dropped into her palm, looking out the window. He gets in beside her, apologizing as he does and has to nudge her to get her attention for her mind is somewhere else again.

"Sakura, are you feeling fine?"

"Of course, yes." She looks down at her watch and frowns. "You are late again."

"With good reason," he holds up a finger and then presents a small box to her.

"What's this?"

"Just something I thought might look good on you."

She has to blink twice because never before has her boyfriend given her a gift. Sakura gingerly opens the lid - half expecting it to be a joke, but Sasuke doesn't do much of that either - to discover a small pendant sitting in the velvet. Her eyes widen.

"S-Sasuke," she stumbles upon her words, for the pendant is far from ordinary and she has long suspected the man's feelings that he does not say out loud. Hell, she's known it for a while and he has mumbled it in his sleep to her once too. But this - this - is a declaration and she knows it.

To give her a pendant of his family crest - though he tries to play it off as casual, she knows it is anything but - is him clearly putting his intentions on the table. Knowing Sasuke, he considers this a natural progression of their relationship and perhaps it is, but her heart soars anyway. He has never said it before, but if this gesture does not scream his feelings to her off a rooftop, she can't guess what could.