🔼 Bromance 🔽

Start from the beginning

"Yeah."

"So guys... its a 'he', then?"

*

"Dead?"

"Yes."

"On a simple observe and report mission."

"Yes."

"How?" His lone eye narrows at the woman in the chamber. "Did you leave them unsupervised, Sakura?"

She rubs the back of her head sheepishly. "Well..."

"We discussed this," disapproves Kakashi, measuring his tone carefully as if he wants to scold her but knows better than to.

"I was hungry, Kakashi sensei. Craving tomatoes!"

Said man sighs. "A notorious scientist dead all because of tomatoes. Since when do you crave them anyway?"

"A-"

"You know what? Don't answer that."

A hand goes up. "Uh, unsupervised? I am insulted, Kakashi sensei."

"But you see the point I am making?" he says in a fit of pique. "A man is dead without a contract on his head. Again."

"He was getting on my nerves with all that hissing."

"And he insulted my wits," adds Naruto.

"And he insulted Naruto's non-existent wit," agrees Sasuke.

"Hey!"

"And tried to get in my boyfriend's pants, apparently," Sakura puts in her two cents.

Kakashi's brow raises. Sasuke shifts. "That is still in debate."

"So, you see, sensei, we didn't have a choice."

"You got into a direct confrontation with the target of an observation mission," he deadpans.

"Only because he caught us."

"How did he catch a bunch of highly trained assassins, pray tell?"

Ire radiates off the questioner, despite the (increasingly less so) calm tone. Four eyes turn in the direction of the blonde man. Kakashi's lone eye follows.

"Fine!" Naruto throws his hands up in surrender. "I may have eaten his dinner."

"You ate his dinner."

"...Yes?"

"That's it!" exclaims their boss, the bridge of patience snapping. "You three are suspended, ad interim!"

"Tch."

"Eh!?"

"What!? But Kakashi sensei!"

"No buts. Leave my office."

"Uh.. sensei?"

"You too, Sakura."

Naruto crosses his arms, turning in his radio and gun and grumbling to Sasuke, "He's just frustrated because he ain't gettin' any."

"A simple deduction," agrees Sasuke, doing the same.

"There's no need to be mean guys. It could just be that Hanare-san found his Icha Icha collection. She was cleaning yesterday, after all."

"You guys know I can hear you, right?"

"We did the world a favor killing that person and you suspend us for all our trouble," Sasuke says.

"One of you ate the target's food. It was supposed to be a stealth mission. How can it possibly go this wrong?"