The lights were out, she sighed she had hoped Alex would still be up but she worked hard so she understood that she wanted to sleep early sometimes.

As she walked further into the apartment she saw a form curled up asleep on the sofa.

She smiled looking at her.

Gosh, how did I get so lucky?

She walked over to her and placed a kiss on her forehead, Alex stirred opened her eyes smiling sleepily at the sight of (Y/n).

"Hey, babe, a good day at work?"

" Hectic, I missed you. "

"I missed you too."

(Y/n) leaned down and met Alex's lips with her own, Alex pulled her down on top of her by her jacket lapels, (Y/n) moved eagerly.

"Wow, that is quite a welcome home." ( Y/n) smiled when they broke apart.

"You get one every day baby." Alex kissed her again.

"I never got this treatment at Lena's." ( Y/n) teased.

"I should hope so too." Alex lightly tapped the woman's butt, chastising her for her torment, she never let her forget what she had thought of her best friend.

" I still can't believe you thought I wanted this with anyone but you." (Y/n) moved her arms around her lover's neck and held her close, feeling the warmth of her body sink into hers.

"Well I did let my irrational jealousy get the better of me," Alex said her head rested on the top of (Y/n)s.

"Silly woman."

"I know, but I have you all to myself so my plan worked." Alex laughed happily.

"So you actually had a plan, I thought you were just being crazy." (Y/n) lifted her head to look into her brown eyes, mesmerized as always by the love she saw there.

"Of course I had a plan, you didn't think I went through all of that with no plan."

"Just don't ever think that I want anyone else ever again okay."

"Okay."

Alex smiled wondering how it was possible to be this happy.

Suddenly she remembered.

"Oh yeah, babe while you were at work a woman called for you."

"What woman." Came (Y/n)'s muffled reply, her face buried in Alex's neck.

"That tickles, baby." Alex laughed. "Some woman called Kharys she said you would know who she was."

(Y/n) shot to her feet startling Alex to sit up her face full of concern.

"Y/n) what is wrong?"

"Kharys is the woman who gave birth to me!"

"Your Mother."

"She doesn't deserve the title."

(Y/n) raged. How dare that woman come to my home.

"She thought I was your roommate," Alex said awkwardly.

(Y/n) rolled her eyes.

"That's how good a mother she is, she doesn't know her daughter is Bi and in love with a woman."

She said she was in love with me.

"What are you going to do?"

"Nothing, she didn't want me when I needed her, I don't want her now."

"Are you certain that is the right thing to do, at least listen to what she wants."

"I know you don't get it, Alex, your mother loves you, mine ran off with my father's best friend, she never gave me a second glance."

Alex felt sad at the look of anger in her eyes, she couldn't imagine feeling such hate for her own mother.

"Okay (Y/n) whatever you think is for the best, I will stand by you."

Alex moved closer to her daring to venture to put her arm around her to pull her closer, she was surprised when (Y/n) willingly fell into her embrace.

"Don't ever leave me, Alex, I couldn't bear it if you did."

Alex kissed the top of her head, her heart aching for her.

"I'm not going anywhere, sweetheart." How stupid could a woman be to let the woman she had in her arms go, whether she was her mother or not Alex had no idea what she had been thinking.

In amongst her thoughts she realized, she would have to introduce her mother too (Y/n).