{Ch 11}

"You tell me your life's been way off line,You're falling to pieces every time

You're falling to pieces every time."
- Daniel Powter, Bad Day
~~~~~

Adrien P.O.V.

Seeing Jace walk through that door just after Leo made my stomach churn. The two people I was trying to avoid conveniently in one place; how fantastic. I groaned slightly and sank down in my seat, nibbling on some crust I tore off of a slice of pizza. I watched Peyton the whole time, gesturing at Jace through throat slits and shotgun fingers not to come over here. I needed more people like her in my life. Unfortunately, he didn't care and came over anyways.

"Hey Adrien, can we talk?" He asked, nervously looking around the room.

His voice was a little too loud for my liking, because looking over at Leo I saw that he noticed my name. I watched him intently as he pointed over at my booth, and oblivious Wally nodded yes. Soon, both boys were in front of me, and I frowned in discontent. Why couldn't a girl have a break and hang out with her friend once and a while?

"Hey. Can I talk to you, Adrien?" Leo asked, his question similarly worded to the one previous.

My lips formed into a sneer and I glared at them, "Not to be rude, but I don't care. I'm hanging out with my friend who I haven't seen in two years. So, if you don't mind, we'll just finish our food and be on our way."

In unison, both voices rang out, "But Adrien-"

"Olivia?" Peyton called out to the blonde haired girl in the apron. "Thank you so much, you were such a delight. Here's your tip, can we have this to go please? Thanks."

She thanked us for the tip and ran off to grab the boxes. I slapped my forehead a couple times for affect, so both of them could see that they were ruining my day. Both of them looked guiltily at the ground, ashamed at their actions.

Olivia returned with no time to spare, and Peyton and I thanked her again. I waved goodbye to Wally- I couldn't be mad at him since he had no clue he was destroying my plans. We shoved past the boys and Peyton flipped them the finger. I linked arms with her and laughed silently as they looked on, Peyton wagging her butt a little to tease.

"That was so deserved." She laughed, walking out into the sidewalk. "Let's go to the park."

The street bustled with people, happy that the rain from yesterday had cleared up enough for them to enjoy themselves. Birds sang from the glistening treetops and power lines, reminding me that society was so dependent on technology and it was messing with the animals. Thankfully, it was a high perch they enjoyed.

The park was our town's pride and joy, yet it didn't even have a name. It was one place I didn't really go to often. Many of my high school classmates went there after school and I never wanted to talk to them. Especially after the incident with Lex two years ago, I never wanted to see him again. Sophie and Stacy were kind enough to me at the time, but it ended with Leo getting hurt and Lex taking worse than what he gave.