{Ch 5}

"You penetrate right through me

Every time I wind up
Back at your door."
- Maroon 5, Back at your Door
~~~~~

Adrien P.O.V.

The next morning, I awoke with a start. I shielded my eyes with my hand, awaiting the feel of the sunlight against my skin as before. However, adjusting my eyes to something other than complete darkness, I noticed the blinds were shut closed.

"I'm sorry. I didn't think you'd wake up." Jace said, voice lifting my dreary mood the slightest bit. It hit me then that the feeling soft lips against my forehead startled me awake, and I grabbed one of his fiddling hands.

"It's fine, really. Thanks for not blinding me this time." I giggled.

His face grew red and he fought for something to say, "Uh, you're welcome, I guess." My eyes flickered from our hands to his blue eyes and the corners of my lips flicked up into a grin. "Even with bed head you still look cute, what the hell." He chuckled.

My smile grew wider and my eyes didn't leave his. There was something about him that made me never want to let go of his hand. I found myself leaning up, as his body grew closer and closer to mine. His breath was minty on my face and I could practically hear my heart beating out of my chest.

"Jace finished breakfast butthead, get up!" Hunter crashed into my room and Jace and I immediately separated.

"What did I tell you about COMING INTO MY ROOM!" I yelled at him.

His brown eyes grew wide as I hopped out of bed and chased him into his room. My flowing, loose, white t-shirt covered my black shorts as I leaned against the wall. The lock clicked and I stood there panting, out of breath from running this early in the morning. I suddenly felt light-headed and groaned, Jace running up to me with worry.

"What's wrong? Did he hurt you? I swear to god that little..."

I chuckled lightly, "Jace, he didn't touch me. I wouldn't let the midget. I just got dizzy from getting up too fast."

He wrapped an arm around my shoulder and lead me back into my bedroom, laying me down on the bed.

"Don't hurt yourself, Adrien. You're too smart for that crap." He smiled.

I smirked, "Well it's not my fault that chasing a dumb little elf into his room gives me headaches!"

My head felt warm and I reckoned it was from all of the blushing I was doing lately. Jace was doing something to me and I had no clue how to stop the butterflies that kept appearing. And before Hunter interrupted, were we going to kiss?!

Abruptly, I erupted into coughs and felt my body go weak. He sat beside me and soothingly rubbed circles onto my back.

"Don't move, I'll be right back." He ordered.

Emerald Heart {Leonardo DiCaprio} {Book 2}On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara