{Ch 1}

"Trying hard to reach out, but when I'd try to speak out, felt like no one could hear me

"Trying hard to reach out, but when I'd try to speak out, felt like no one could hear me."
-Kelly Clarkson, Breakaway
~~~~~

Adrien P.O.V

The plane ride home seemed a lot longer than it was for the trip to get here. Los Angeles was fantastic with its movie stars and celebrities around every corner, but I longed for the familiarity of home.

Not long after Leonardo DiCaprio had left me to go to Baja, California, Dean Lockhart of RCA contacted me to let me know that the record deal had gone through. My parents had jumped at the opportunity for me to become successful, since my art hobby was apparently going nowhere and medical school was too far away. I missed Peyton, Noah, and Jace dearly; The whole group of girls I used to sit with at lunch was also in my mind. I hadn't even been able to say goodbye properly to them; texting isn't very emotional, to say the least.

A longing look out the small window led me to let out a sigh I hadn't known I was holding in. My heart ached to see my parents, for they hadn't been able to visit me. Being 17 and all alone in Los Angeles was frustrating and frightening, and Mr. Lockhart wasn't very comforting.

Now I was 19, heading back home to see them. I wonder if anything had changed. When I had left, Peyton and Noah were together and happy. Kylie was dating Leo's close friend Tobey, and I reckon he got pulled away for an exciting opportunity as well.

Leo had promised he'd call me everyday, but my messages only said "delivered" and stayed that way. I felt even more alone when it passed the 138 days of filming and there was no reply. My heart ached every second, but I couldn't bring myself to delete his number after a year, so I blocked it instead.

"Hello, miss." A kind voice said beside me, breaking off my reminiscing.

My head jerked to face hers and she smiled sweetly. A silver cart full of a variety of salty snack foods and refreshing beverages was before her.

"Would you like anything?" She asked.

I nodded, "Yes, thank you. May I have a bag of Lays please?"

She handed me the bright yellow bag, walking not to far before she stopped again. I noisily opened the bag and slipped a chip into my mouth, staring out the window once more. This was going to be an endless flight.

~~~~~

I rushed out of the airport to be met by a long black limo. RCA couldn't make anything normal, could they? On cue, a tall man in a proper suit hopped out of the driver's seat to open the door for me.