6

Scarlett's pov

After he asks me what happened I want to get out of there even more. As I try to slip away Darren puts me in his lap and rocks me. This makes me feel incredibly comfortable and a tear slips out. He kisses it away as soon as it comes and asks me again "what happened Scarlett? Please tell me." For once my wolf is silent which surprises me but then she speaks "this is your story to tell Scarlett so I will not make you tell if but I will advise you it will make us feel better to tell him." After my wolf says this I sit still for a while thinking while Darren rocks me.

I think he finally realized I wasn't going to tell him so he stopped questioning and just held me. We stayed like this for a long time. But I really had to use the restroom so I got out of his hold and started walking to the bathroom. I heard him sigh and become slightly restless but didn't turn around. After I do my business I walk out hoping Darren has left but he hasn't he was sitting in the bed waiting for me. For some reason I'm not as afraid of him. So walk back up to him and sit next to him. He smiles slightly at me before saying "how about we go swimming it's pretty hot outside." I simply nod and Darren gets up to go do something and I wait for him. When he comes out he has on a pair of shots and something for me to put on. He gives it to me and sends me to the bathroom to change.

When I finally have on what he gave me I put a towel around myself and walk out. He gives me a weird look and leads me outside. Where there is a massive... pool i think is what it's called. Lacey and some man are already out there and I smile slightly at Lacey. The man comes up to us and says "hey bro is this her?" He nods and looks down at me "Scarlett this is Jason my beta and Jason this is Scarlett me mate." Jason's smiles at me and says hello and in return I half hide behind Darren and wave slightly. While the two start talking I slip away and go sit next to Lacey careful to keep the towel wrapped around me. Lacey slightly frowns but when she sees me approaching she smiles. When I sit down she asks how I'm doing. I give her a small smile and she nods then asks me " are you afraid of Jason?"

I look at her for a while and slowly nod my head. She gives me a gentle smile and says "he won't hurt you Scarlett he is my mate." I cock my head slightly and look at her with a question in my eyes. She then starts to explain. "Jason is my mate as Darren is yours. It means that they love us and we love them. Darren would do anything for you as Jason would for me. You will start to feel it the more you are around him and you won't be as afraid. He will help you with your past as he loves you. You will feel the same way soon. He is also going to be even more protective of you now that he marked you but it is just showing he loves you. Then when you both agree you will complete the process." I look at her wide eyed not sure what to say.

After a while she asks me if I want to get in the pool to which I shake my head to. She looks at me for a minute then asks " can you swim?" I shrug my shoulders. "Well come on I'll teach you leave the towel here though." I shake my head really fast and hard not wanting everyone to see my scars. She looks confused then remembers when she helped me take a bath. "He hasn't seen them all has he?" She asks softly. I shake my head and she says "he might be upset but he isn't going to be mad at you come on please just give it a chance." I sigh stand up and take my towel off. The suit covered my stomach and back but my arms and lags were expose so you couldn't see very many. I follow Lacey to the pool and we get in the shallow end. I here a small growl from behind me and in a matter of seconds Darren is beside me. He is looking pointedly at the scars that can be seen and looks at me with a question in his eyes. I give him a pleading look and he drops it.

We all played in the water for a long time with Darren trying to get me to laugh a lot. I'm not sure why he likes it when I laugh but he does. When we finally get out we say our goodbyes and Darren and I go to his room. He goes to run me a bath and I stand there waiting for it to fill after it does he tells me to get in. I wait for him to leave but when he doesn't I get confused and nervous. "You don't have to be nervous baby just take off your suit and get in and I'm gonna get in with you." When I don't comply he says we can keep it suits in. So after we both get cleaned up he gives me some pjs and privacy and I change. When I come back out I get into bed and immediately fall asleep. The last thing I hear is " goodnight my  angel."