4

Scarlet's POV

"That explains it." Darren mumbles I just sit there slightly shaking from the cold. I curl up in my ball tightly but don't move. Darren goes to move slightly closer but it makes me scoot even farther. He sighs and stays where he is. I start shaking more violently because I only had on a big shirt. "Would you like me to get her cleaned up Darren and into some better clothes?" Darren's eyes cloud over and then he snaps back. Lacey gets up and takes my hand gently and leads me upstairs. She takes me into the bathroom and starts the tub she leaves while I get in and comes back with a huge shirt and some sweat pants. After I wash off and do my hair I get out not thinking much about it. I hear a gasp and look to see Lacey looking at me with sorrow. I quickly hide under the towel and wait for her to leave before I change. Once she leaves I look in the mirror. You could see every bone in my body but you could also see the scars on my stomach, back, and the tops of my legs. He only did them where they could be hidden.

Once I'm done changing I walk back out and see Darren there. I panic slightly and back up. He sighs and says "it's time for bed or if you want something to eat I can get you that which ever you want." I shake my head and he asks if I want to go to bed. I nod and start walking out of the room. I walk to the basement but before u can go down the stairs. I'm pulled back by a large hand. I turn around and see Darren look at me confused. "Why are you going to the basement I thought we were going to bed?" Now it was my turn to be confused. He hands me a piece of paper and pen and I write the basement is where I always slept...? He reads it and gets slightly angry "was your bed down there?" I shake my head no. "You didn't have a bed, what did you sleep on?" I touch the floor. He looks extremely angry and he picks me up and takes me upstairs. He sets me on the bed and I scramble back with my heart beating three times as fast as it should. "Why are you afraid of being in my bed?" He grits out. I start crying and he lets out a ferocious growl and runs out. I hear a bunch of stuff being broken. I cry hysterically for a while before I fall asleep.

I wake up with someone running their hand through my hair. I open my eyes and see Darren laying by me. My heart skips and beat and you could see the fear in my eyes. "Shhhh little mate I won't hurt you I promise." He sighs when my fear only slightly dissipates. He gets up and says "we are going shopping today by the way." I look at him confused and he looks at me surprised. He looks at me troubled before his eyes cloud over again. Lacey all of a suddenly bursts in the door. I jump slightly but calm down when I realize it's Lacey. I like Lacey she's nice and funny. I smile slightly at her and she smiles back Darren is looking at me dumbstruck. I look at the ground. "Lacey can I talk to you for a minute?" They go in the hall and talk for several minutes and it ends in shouting. Lacey comes back in and hands me some clothes. I go put them on and when I walk back out. Lacey and Darren are waiting for me. We all go out and get in a... Car. Ya that's what it's called. We drive to a huge place with a lot of people. I stick close to Lacey at all times. Darren follows slightly behind. Lacey whispers something to me that causes me to laugh . Darren stops and stares at me with... That weird emotion in his eyes. We go to store to store getting a lot of things but it was starting to wear on me I don't like so many people. Darren can tell I'm getting panicky as he puts his arm around me. I don't push it off because it makes me feel better and my wolf is going insane with the contact.we go into a store but I immediately turn around because it's full of undergarments. Lacey grabs my hand and laughs Darren just follows. Lacey gets me a bunch of things and we leave. We get back to the house and for some reason I feel safer around Darren. We go up to his room and start putting things away he gets that back with underwire in it and starts putting them away when he looks at one pair and at me his eyes go black and super fast he picks me up and starts kissing me. I don't do anything actually enjoying it when he starts kissing on my neck. All of a sudden he bites into my neck and I start screaming and trying to pitch him away. He pulls his teeth out and licks the wound he finally puts me down and holds me until his eyes aren't black. When they are back he looks at my back with a proud smile but when he sees me crying. He looks upset. My wolf was going insane but all I could think about is how much it hurt. I break out of his grip and run away crying. I run into Lacey in the hall. She looks confused then looks at my shoulder. She gets mad but hugs me. I'm sobbing right now and whisper to her I want to leave. She looks at me shocked but nods her head. She takes me into a room and locks the door. "Scarlet you better be prepared he is going to be here any second now that he marked you he will be even more protective and possessive. I look at her confused and she mumbles something. "So marking is when mates bite each other in the shoulder it means they belong to each other." She explains. I still have tears in my eyes and she nods. " it only hurts because your not with him." She says. "If you were with him it would stop hurting." She says. I go to say something when someone starts banging on the door. "Lacey open the door." His voice is deeper and Lacey goes over the the door. "Sorry Scarlet he is using his Alpha tone I can't deny him." She opens the door and Darren rushes in and picks me up. He stuffs his face into my neck and breathes. His kisses where he bit and it instantly stops hurting. He takes us back to his room but I fall asleep on the way. I wonder what's going to happen next.