5

Scarlet's pov
I wake up with Darren's arm wrapped around me. I don't like being so close to him so I wiggle out of his grip. I go into the closet and change clothes then go down stairs. I know I can't leave just yet because Darren will get extremely angry and I don't want him to hurt me again. My shoulder is aching and it won't stop. I lightly touch it and it tingles but still hurts. I get slightly hungry but don't know if I would get punished so I just stay sitting in the couch. I'm there for maybe an hour before I hear someone rushing down the stairs. I look out of the corner of my eye and notice it's Darren. His eyes are close to black but when he sees me he calms down. He comes toward me but I back away. I'm scared out of my mind but my wolf desperately wants to go to him. But my fear was so strong that she didn't do anything. He looked close to tears and sat on the other couch. He looked at me for a while then finally said something. "Scarlet it's only hurting because I'm so far away please let me make it stop hurting." He said this in a broken voice but I slightly shake my head. He sighs and goes into the kitchen.

The second he is out of sight I sprint out the door. But the farther I get away the more it hurts. Within a few minutes. The pain is unbearable so I sit down crying. My wolf decides to but in at that moment. "Scarlet it will stop hurting if you let him comfort you." I shake my head and cry harder. "He promised to never hurt me. Why did he do this does he enjoy my pain too?" My wolf whimpers slightly and replies " he loves us. He was afraid we would leave him so he marked you. And it will stop hurting when you mark him too or if he is near you. Give him a chance please." My tears don't let up but soon I hear someone sprinting through the woods towards me. Within seconds Darren bursts through the bushes his eyes black. That makes me more frantic and I back up sobbing. He picks me up and my mark stops hurting. I try breaking away from him but it's no use. So I just sob harder as he takes me back to his house.

It takes maybe 5 minutes to get back to the house but seemed longer because I was struggling the whole way. We get back to the house and he sets us on the couch. He doesn't let me go and makes me stay in his lap. I cooperate because I was in arms reach so I knew I couldn't get away but I couldn't stop crying. Finally Lacey comes rushing down the stairs and I must say we were probably a sight to see, me thrashing around a sobbing and Darren trying to keep me in his lap but looking heartbroken. Lacey looks upset and comes and sits by us. I calm just slightly and this makes Darren angry. He gets up but I wasn't expecting it so at the same time I pushed with all my might. I got out of his grip but slammed into the ground. I hit my shoulder and pain erupted throughout my whole body. Darren freaks out and tries to pick me up but I ran up the stairs but only just made it to his room when I collapsed from pain. Darren slowly creeps in and sets me on the bed. When he touches me the pain calms slightly but still hurts. " Scarlett please let me hold you I know your in major pain please it's killing me not helping you." I slightly nod and he picks me up kissing my neck. The second his lips touch my neck the pain goes away. "I'm sorry this hurts so bad tomorrow it should stop hurting but will start hurting if you run again." I sigh but don't move I fall asleep but it doesn't last long as I wake up hearing Darren and someone yelling. My neck is not hurting anymore so I get up and wonder. I end up in the living room and Lacey is there I sit next to her and she smiles slightly at me. I smile back and look to the... tv. Ya that's what it is called. I never had one beck at the cabin with him. I shiver slightly and slip back to that time.

I was a sleep in the basement when I heard him coming down. I immediately scramble up and he looks at me in a nice way I don't show it but my mind relaxes tonight wasn't going to be bad. "Scar would you like to come watch a film with me." I nod and follow him upstairs. These were good nights. I got to sleep upstairs where it was warm and he was nice to me but that night it was different because what was waiting for me upstairs would scar me forever...

I come out if it with Darren and Lacey looking at me with worry. I shake my head slightly not wanting to talk about it and get up and stretch. My shirt rides up slightly and one of my worse scars showed slightly. Darren's eyes go pitch black and a horrible growl escapes his lips I jump back and Lacey moves away. I look at her for help and she motions for me to go to him. She looks slightly scared and starts to slip away. When I look back he is coming towards me. I let out a scream and run. I'm able to get farther than before before I am picked up by someone I know it isn't Darren so I struggle even harder. "It's ok Luna." A man says to me. Within seconds Darren crashes through the brush and growls at the man because he had his arm around me. The man immediately drops me and I tumble to the ground. He goes to help me up but with a mother growl from Darren he bows his head at both of us and scurries away. "Mate", Darren says in a really deep voice "why must you run you are mine forever now you will come with me." His tone makes the blood drain from my face even my wolf is slightly scared. He seems to realize this and he softens his voice "come here my little mate I need you." My wolf begged me to and I couldn't deny her so I get up and go to him. He picks me up and wraps my legs around his waist and places his hands on my bum. He carries me back home like this. When we get back he kisses me my wolf goes crazy leaving me in a daze and I don't notice when he rolls my shirt up. But I quickly snap out of hair when he releases a growl I jump back yanking my shirt down. Darren starts shaking really bad and I'm not sure why but I get up and wrap my arms around him. He calms and whisper something in my ear I wish He didn't ask. "What happened?"