Chen

"Chen."

The dark haired boy smiled brightly as he rushed forward to envelop Avery in a tight hug. Before anyone could say anything, he ran up the stairs with her still in his arms and dashed into his room. After closing the door he turned to her and hugged her even tighter than before,

"I'm sooooooo happy right now. I was terrified you wouldn't want me to be the one."

Avery giggled and held him back tightly,

"Why wouldn't I want you? You're amazing. When Rose contacted me while everyone was fighting, you were the only one who noticed and helped me. You were there when the others were too busy bickering over nothing. I haven't forgotten that. That's why I chose you. I know that when it comes down to it, you'll be there for me just as I'll be there for you. I love you, Chen. I want to be with you."

Chen smiled and looked down,

"You're so beautiful, inside and out. I'm so happy you found us and decided to stay. I'll do everything in my power to keep you safe, I promise you. You're the only light I have ever known and I promise to cherish you. I love you too, Avery. Are you ready to be turned?"

She nodded happily, placing a soft kiss on his lips before sitting down on the bed. Chen followed soon after and bit the side of her neck lightly. Avery felt the mark begin to burn its way into her skin as the world around her faded into darkness. After Chen was done, he laid her back on his bed and kissed her forehead lovingly. He laid down beside her and held her hand tightly, waiting for her to turn.