Chapter 10

10

"I can't get a hold of this thing!" I shouted trying to get the blender out of a cabinet. "I've got it." My dad started walking over and stopped him pushing him away from me. "Natalia?" "Yeah hon?" "Could you help me out?" "Certainly!" My dad's girlfriend entered the kitchen and gently got the blender out from the cabinet. "Thanks." I mumbled and started making a milkshake. "What is your problem?" I stayed quiet and made the chocolate drink quickly. "Are you giving me the silent treatment Hugh? Alright. Let's see how long you last."

That was two weeks ago. I had gotten my full license and gotten my cast off. The first thing I did was drive to see Shawn. Did my dad know? Of course not. Natalia understood the situation and was on my side. So here I was sitting in the car listening to the radio. "Up and coming, Shawn Mendes, Lullaby." I looked at the radio with wide eyes and made a vine quickly jumping up and down as Shawn's voice came through the speakers.

"This is your lullaby,

Your goodnight

Every night

Kiss.

You may be miles away

But just know

I wish you were right here

Beside me

We'll lie down,

We'll count the stars

Just like countless times before

Darling

This is my lullaby,

To you."

I called Shawn almost screaming. "Calm down! You're driving, you need to calm down." "Sorry, sorry, but are you hearing this??" I shut up and turned up the radio. "Oh my god!! Lullaby's on the radio?!" "Yes!!! Shawn oh my god I am so proud of you. You have no idea." "I have a little bit." I rolled my eyes, forgetting he couldn't see me. "How far away are you?" "A couple hours still babe." "Ughhhhh" "Hey at least I'm driving to see you mister." "True. Very true. Alright I'll let you drive. Love you." "Love you more." I smiled and hung up just reminiscing.

God I loved Shawn.

A couple exhausting hours later I pulled into Shawn's driveway. I saw the door open and quickly got out after I parked and cut the engine. I ran up to Shawn and jumped into him. He caught me, and I wrapped my arms around his neck. "I missed you. I missed you so god damn much." I felt tears running to my eyes and hugged him tighter. I could barely see through my eyes, lightly taking in his smell. God I missed him. I missed all of him. "I'm never leaving you for that long again." I felt him smile, even though, he like I was, crying.

We headed inside and I just couldn't get my eyes off of him. He caught me and I looked away blushing. He bent down and pecked my cheek. "You should keep that blush. It's cute on you." "Shut up." We walked into the kitchen were a picnic basket sat on the counter. Shawn grabbed the basket and then grabbed my hand and ran out the door again.

"How long are we going to drive?" I asked as Shawn pulled into a park parking lot. "Shawn Mendes if you go all Augustus Waters on me I might just cry." "Well for the record I'm not dying, and you're perfectly healthy." I rolled my eyes coughing slightly. "You okay?" "Fine. Just haven't been feeling all that good the past month." "What do you mean?" "Sore from work, that's all." He nodded and we got out. He took my hand again and we started walking to a cherry blossom. They were my favorite type of tree.

Shawn and I lied just playing with each other's hands, commenting on random things. I smiled slowly falling asleep as he pulled me closer. About an hour of uncomfortable laying down had me moving. I sat up finding it a bit harder to breathe. "Erika..? You okay?" "Fine, just lost my breath for a moment." I spoke bending further to press my chest to my legs. It felt like my lungs were about to explode. "Erika, are you sure you're okay?" "I'm-Im fine." "You're breathing heavy, that's not fine." I held out a hand at him as he sat up. He started rushing around and picking stuff up. "Shawn, I-Im fine," "No you're not. Erika you're practically crying. Stay right here." Me got up with the basket and blanket and ran to the car. He came back and by that point I was crying my eyes out fighting for my breath. "Breathe Er, breathe." He mumbled picking me up. "You're gonna be okay. You're gonna be okay." He repeated running to the car and quickly calling his mom as he buckled me in. "Sh- Shawn.." "Erika stay with me. Erika pl.." His voice started fading out as I felt my eyes shut.