Chapter 3

3

"I can't wait to see Shawn!!" "Um, we need to go get Cameron. Like, now." "Right, right." I sighed getting in the car with Shawn's mother. "Gosh. I miss my boy." "Yeah.." I spoke softly. "Erika do you even love him anymore?" Whoa wait what? Was she seriously asking me this? "Yes. What makes you think I don't?" "You don't seem to be very happy about seeing him." "I am I'm just really tired. I haven't gotten much sleep recently." This was true. I hadn't gotten much sleep in the past few days. But knowing I had Cameron with me when Shawn got home kind of helped. "Oh? Why is that?" "School, work, my dad, and my fans have been nagging me to make a video so I had to film a video explaining why I wasn't posting." None of those are true Erika. You know it. "I see."

We pulled into the airport parking lot and I jumped out as soon as we were parked. I ran to Cameron's gate as fast as I could knowing he was getting off. I kept running until I saw him looking around. I kept running until I had my arms around him. I heard him chuckle as he wrapped his arms around me. "Hello there Erika." "Thank god you're here." I started crying which caused Cameron to start to be concerned. "Hey, hey, hey, what's wrong?" "I-I'll tell you later." He rubbed my back and got me to start walking out.

When we got to the house I pulled Cameron into my room and sat him down. "Shawn. He's not himself." "What do you mean?" I was quiet for a moment before I took a deep breath and got up. I pulled off the hoodie I was wearing and let the t-shirt I was wearing under it fall down over my torso and changed into soffee shorts so you could see vague bruises that had faded over two months. "Erika... Did he..?" I sat down nodding and starting crying again. "Hey, shhhh." He pulled me into his lap holding me and rubbing my back. I let myself cry. I had barely cried recently and I needed to.

"How long has this been going on?" "I-I wanna say March." "Erika.. Why didn't you tell someone?" "Because he's an angel according to his mother and I don't really have any friends any more. Plus it's the same for all abuse cases he would've hurt me even more." "Yeah.. Look I'm staying here tonight since he's coming home in the middle of the night. I'm not letting him hurt you." "Thanks Cam."

I curled up to Cameron after our conversation after I asked him to get sweats from Shawn's room for me and then slowly fell asleep. It was nice to sleep for once. I heard the dog start to bark and I kept being 'asleep'. I heard Shawn greet the dog as did his dad and I heard Shawn walk up the steps and drop his bag in his room. "You headed to bed?" "I'm gonna go check on Erika and then I'll go." "Alright. Goodnight." "Night." I heard the key enter the lock and be justled around to be unlocked. The door was then opened and I heard Cameron put a finger to his mouth. He moved away and exited the room with Shawn and I heard him lock the door again. "Give me that key Cam." "No." "Cameron." "I'm not letting you hurt her anymore." "She told you?!" "No, I saw her fucking bruises Shawn."