1. K H A T R A - D A N G E R

Start from the beginning

Adeel and Haniyah have best friends since they can remember, met in preschool and now were 21 and in university.

Haniyah was sitting alone on a swing and Adeel made his way to her, something about the pouty girl pulled him toward her. Smiling, he held out his sandwich, asking the young girl if she wanted some of his Nutella sandwiches, and that was where their friendship began.

Adeel had always been there for her, when she was bullied in elementary school, when she was insecure in middle school and when it came time to chase away the boys who wanted to take her out to prom in high school away, he was always there.

Her family loved and adored him. He was and always be her best friend, the person who was always there for her.

Friends, that was what they were. Haniyah didn't see the young man as a lover or someone she can even ever love romantically; he'll always be her friend. He knew it. Adeel knew it. Yet that didn't stop him from having the feeling he had for her, but a man can only hope.

"So you wanna grab some food after UNI today." He spoke as he made a right turn.

"Yeah I guess, but I'm gonna have to call Mama and let her know," she spoke as she turned the radio on.

Give me a sign.

Take my hand, we'll be fine.

Promise I won't let you down.

just know that you don't have to do this alone,

Promise I'll never let you down.

"I know I can treat you better," she sang.

Haniyah hummed along the song.

Adeel nodded as they finally arrived at campus, parking the car. They both got out walking to their designated classrooms.

Haniyah was taking a course for the major in English literature. She wanted to be a writer one day. She wanted to put all her wildest imaginations, dreams down on paper for the world to read.

It was her dream.

Three hours later, University was finally over. The 8000 words essay she had to write was making Haniyah's head hurt. Though she wanted to be a writer, she hated the amount of work that came with it.

She couldn't wait to go home. Wrap herself up in one of her cozy blankets, drink a cup of hot chocolate, and continue her Harry Potter Marathon with Adam. She sighed.

She couldn't wait to get home, obviously after dinner with Adeel!

She made her way to Adeel's car, where he stood a cigarette between his lips. A deep frown placed on his lips, his mind contradicting with his heart.

Haniyah grabbed the cigarette, throwing it onto the floor and crushing it with her shoe.

"You know I hate it when you smoke," she spoke, shaking her head.

"I just needed to clear my mind." He said, as his eyes looked up at the sky.

"Hey now, what's up?" She placed her hand on his shoulder, not noticing the shiver that went up his arms.

"If I tell you, you will hate me," he smiled sadly at her.

"There is nothing you could say that would make me hate my best friend," She gave him an encouraging smile.

If you only knew

He wondered:

"Let's go get dinner and I'll tell you there." He smiled sadly at her.