Thirty: talk and lunatic

Stiles' P.O.V:

Four days. Four days ago we got trapped at school and four days ago Emma got a text from me saying to give me a call in case of nightmares.

She hasn't called or texted back; not even once, so I guess she didn't have any nightmares. I don't know how she did it because dreams of her dying in front of my eyes won't let me sleep.

I'm sitting out of the Principal's Office, waiting for either my dad or Emma to show up.

Dad comes out first. I stand up and approach him. Even though I don't know how to tell him the truth, I have to warn him in some way.

"Don't you have a test to get to?" is the first thing he asks.

"What's going on? Have you found Derek yet?" yes, Derek Hale is alive and it's the most wanted criminal in the country, well done Scott.

"I'm working on it," he sighs, tired as always. "You go take your test," he adds, worried about my own sake as always.

"Okay, dad, listen to me!" I try to warn him about dangerous werewolves in the full moon.

"Go!" he interrupts me.

"This is really important! You have to be careful tonight; especially tonight."

"We're always careful, Stiles." Emma's dad interrupts.

"You've never dealt with this before, at least not like this." I insist, ignoring the urge of asking about his daughter.

He smiles, taking his glasses of. 

"I know, this is why we brought people who have." He points to some detectives talking near us. "Emma already warned me, kid. Go take your test."

"Is Emma even alive?" I ask before I can stop myself.

"Luckily, she is." He gives me a death glare. Wait, is he blaming me for what happened?

"Go take your test." My father cuts the tension and I do as I am told.

Maybe this is why Emma didn't answer; maybe his dad is blaming me for all of this. She was at my house before it all happened. She was my responsibility.

I get way too early to the test and I'm surprised to find Emma in there. She's stuck to some book with a colourful cover so she doesn't even look up once.

She doesn't have any idea that I'm staring at her. She's using a dress today, something quite unusual in her. Her hair is up in a messy bun.

She looks pretty and fresh, like nothing had happened in the past few days.

I wonder what she is reading. She's not a very good friend of books, she only reads about science and news. That looks like a novel though.

Two minutes before the class starts, Scott makes it in time. I nod once, greeting him and he sits right in front of me.

Emma takes her eyes out of her book but still doesn't notice my presence.

"You will have forty-five minutes to complete the test..." Harries gives us his sarcastic bullshit before starting.

First questions are easy: just drawing a circle around a letter. It isn't that hard to choose the right alternative, I actually think I can pass this one.

Scott stands up and gets out of the room. He doesn't seem good at all, I wonder if this is all about Allison who-by the way-is sat just a couple of seats away.

"Mister McCall!" Harries calls him like if that is going to stop him.

Next thing I see is Emma running after Scott. Okay, maybe I won't pass this one.