Fourteen: dates and pack mentality

Emma's P.O.V:

Once Stiles taked me home, I definitely don't expect my dad waiting for me.

But guess what? He is waiting for me. How nice.

"Where were you, Emma? Did you forget about the curfew?" is the first thing he asks.

"I'm fine, thanks for asking." I roll my eyes, taking my jacket off. "I was out."

"Emma, it's dangerous," he says and I decide to cut him right there. I have enough with Stiles' mood changes; I can't handle my dad as well.

"I was at Scott's, okay? His mom came home early and Stiles dropped me here, I wasn't all alone in the streets of Beacon Hills, you got to be stupid to do such a thing. Can I please go to my room now?"

"One more thing." His mood seems to change and I hope that if he calls Mama McCall-which he most likely will-she covers up for me.

"Yeah?"

"You're friend called. She said she got you a date for tomorrow?" he raises an eyebrow.

"What? Why would Stiles call you to tell you that?"

It is ridiculous, I was with him the whole afternoon. And yes, he is considerate as my friend in this house, because we used to hang out as kids.

"I said 'she', Emma. Lydia Martin called." I laugh out loud, sarcastically.

"Lydia Martin isn't my friend. I rather end up alone with twelve cats than being her friend, dad," I groan.

"Well, that isn't my problem." He smiles amused. "She got you a date for tomorrow, why don't you attend?"

"Because I already have plans for tomorrow with Stiles." I lie. I guess we'll end up hanging out anyway but it's not like I have plans with him.

"We talked about this, Emma." Dad frowns. Is Stiles that bad?

"Okay, fine. I'll go with Lydia, if that makes you happy." I sigh, too tired to even argue about this.

"Emma-"

"No, dad; I don't mind, really." I shrug and run upstairs before he can say anything else.

Indeed, the next day I have to decline Stiles' offer to take me home, even though I just promised I wouldn't ditch him again.

"Who's taking you out?" he asks, kind of disappointed but with a smirk plastered on his face. That is Stiles for me.

"I don't know; some douchebag from Lacrosse team," I groan, rolling my eyes.

"Well...have fun?" he chuckles and I smack his arm.

"Not funny!" I whine.

"Whatever; see you around," Stiles says before disappearing.

I'm about to protest and tell him to go to hell but I can't because "Emma!" Lydia squeals. My hands form fists and I am ready to punch her in the face. "Are you coming?"

We end up going to Allison's house. I'm sitting there while Lydia picks up her clothes.

Why can't Allison decide what to wear herself? Girls are weird.

"Aren't you going to get changed?" Lydia then asks me.

"Aren't you?" I ask back. She is wearing the same thing she used for school.

"Darling," she says with a fake smile. "I don't expect you to know this, but I'm using a-"

"Yeah, a cheap copy of a Valentino, I know that." I roll my eyes. "My mom was a fan of him, that's how I know his designs. I'm just fine with this, thanks." I'm not dressing that bad today: blue blouse and skinny jeans, pretty much everyday Emma.