Twenty-three: decision and heart monitor

Emma's P.O.V:

Economics, also known as a whole period of Coach talking nonstop; I'm currently waiting for Scott and Stiles.

"Let's do this shit." Stiles greets me at the door as Scott passes by us.

"What's the deal with him?" I roll my eyes, easily finding a spot.

"Emma, sit behind me!" Scott hurriedly says as I try to reach the seat behind him but, sadly, Allison beats me to it. She gives a look that clearly says 'go-away' and I have to do my best not to roll my eyes at her or give her a dirty look.

It happens a lot, nothing personal.

Stiles sits behind me but we don't have much time to talk about anything before Coach asks us about yesterday's reading.

It was quite bored and too long compared to the amount of information it provided us. The author could have easily said the same thing in ten paragraphs instead of thirty.

And that's me being nerdy.

If Coach asks me I would say exactly the same, adding a detailed explanation on the subject. I know Stiles read it as well because he even called me up to discuss about it.

I guess we're both totally geeks. Coolest geeks ever, though.

He doesn't ask me, of course. He chooses Scott.

He and Allison didn't read shit and I know it; too bad for them.

Yes, this is me mentally laughing at how they can't have a relationship and do well at school at the same time, without mentioning Scott's life is in constant danger.

I'm pretty sure being a werewolf doesn't affect Scott as much as Allison does. I mean, if I were a werewolf I'd be super happy with all of my extra powers but I guess Scott's case is a bit different.

Due to Scott's lack of capacity to improvise, Coach notices he didn't do the homework.

"Are you familiar with the term 'sarcasm', McCall?" The teacher asks and Scott just turns his head towards us.

Stiles just smirks proudly at him and I give him a thumbs up.

"Very," is what he answers.

Stiles and I share a look and he winks an eye at me.

But then Coach gets mad and starts throwing shit at my best friend. I lean back in my seat and Stiles shows me the phone to reveal the numbers going up with each word Coach says.

I'm ready to jump in front of Scott if he's about to change and kill Coach, I mean, just in case.

Suddenly the heartbeats decrease and I start to wonder why. I look down to see Scott holding hands with Allison under the seats.

"What's going on?" Stiles asks me.

I motion towards their hands and he rolls his eyes.

"Allison doesn't make him weak; she pulls him back to reality."

"She's his anchor," I say and I think it's cute. I mean, if I were to have an anchor it would be...

"Emma," Stiles says. "Why is he calmed though? They're only holding hands."

I roll my eyes yet again today and reach out for his hand under the seats.

"Got it," he whispers, giggling.

I shake my head and laugh with him.

"Lee," Coach calls me. "Stop laughing and tell McCall what last night's reading was about.