Twenty-nine: Allison and lunatic

Scott's P.O.V:

Full moon is coming. I'm not ready for this, I am definitely unprepared. Why me?

That's the question that has been running through my mind ever since I started to change. What did I do to deserve this? Why not Stiles?

It's not like Stiles doesn't have enough in his plate but he and I have the same possibilities, I mean, I'm not much better than him and let's face it; my best friend is a fucking smartass.

I still don't learn how to control this and I vaguely understand what happened. All I know is that I ended up trapped at school with my closest friends-and Allison-with the Alpha wanting to kill us.

Now I understand he only wants me to kill them so we can be a pack and, I don't know, become serial killers. Today Beacon Hills, tomorrow the world, right?

I've been sitting here for about an hour, Stiles drinking by my side, talking about random stuff. I don't even have to ask where the Jack Daniel's bottle came from.

"Dude," he sighs. "You know she's just one girl." But she isn't just one girl; she is Allison, the first girl I've ever loved.

I don't get why she left me...if she only knew I was determinate to die if that meant she was going to be okay.

"You know, there are so many...so many girls in the sea," my best friend wanted to get me drunk; he is wasted as hell.

This isn't typical in Stiles; he isn't a very good friend of alcohol, considering the problem his father has with it. I wonder what's going on with him.

"Fish in the sea." I correct him, annoyed by his current state.

"Fish, why are you talking about fish? I'm talking about girls. I love girls. I love them; I love...specially the ones with dark long hair, blue eyes, five foot three..."

So this is what's going on with him. "Like Emma?" I ask, giving up. I have never liked them together, because they are both so complicated. I don't want them to get hurt, they are both my best friends and the idea of them dating would immediately force me to choose one side.

I don't want that. Stiles is my brother, I can count on him for whatever. Emma is my left hand, what brings me back to reality. Almost like an anchor, if Allison weren't here.

This is why I need them both, separated. As selfish as it sounds, I can't lose them, I just can't.

"Exactly!" he exclaims and I try not to think about it. They've spent too much time together; I wonder what Emma feels for Stiles. I've noticed they don't argue anymore and that night at school...I know Emma thinks I don't give a shit, but I notice. I know there's got to be something there.

"Hey, how did you know I was talking about...about...who was I talking about?" he smiles. God, I need to take him home.

The moon quietly shines above us, Stiles and his senseless rant is annoying me. I feel not just my anger but all of my emotions growing stronger.

Allison.

Why did Allison leave me? After all I did for her? It's a lot more complicated, I can't just show up and tell her 'hey, babe, I'm a werewolf and there's another werewolf a lot more stronger waiting for us to get out to eat us alive, or worst, to have me killing you. Could you not tell your dad, please? I think the Alpha is enough, I don't need anyone else trying to kill me right now, thanks.'

Why girls are so damn complicated?! Anger is growing. Someone takes the bottle out of the blue. I stand up.

"Give it back." No emotion in my voice. It's like another me talking; werewolf Scott is taking over my body. I'm acting out of instinct, not mind. Human Scott would just leave; this one is demanding the bottle back.