Two: lacrosse and wolf moon

Emma's P.O.V:

As I go to my locker, I notice a very curious thing: Scott and Allison are right across the hall. They're both looking at each other and smiling. Is this cute or weird? Because she looks like a really pretty girl with actual sense of fashion and...well, Scott had never had a girlfriend before, to say the least.

Again, he is my best friend and I love him...but come on, let's be honest here.

Lydia Martin approaches Allison before I have the chance to and I presume she is complimenting her jacket. I saw it first, though.

If Allison is as pretty as I think she is, she won't hang out with Lydia's clique. Oh, boy, I don't have many friends now that I think about it.

Who am I kidding; I only hang out with Scott and his dumb friend.

What if Allison is my only chance to make a real friend? I should talk to her. If Lydia could just go away, I'd be happy.

Before anyone notices I'm standing in the middle of the hall, I walk towards Scott. I notice Jackson joined the little meeting, just perfect. Just as I reach him, Stiles appears out of nowhere. Can't I get a rest of him?

They aren't talking about anything in particular and I'm not saying anything because I am still offended. If Scott is Batman and Stiles is Robin, then what the hell am I? Third wheels are nothing, so I am beyond offended by Scott and his behaviour.

"Can someone tell me why the new girl is here over five minutes and she's already hanging out with Lydia's clique?" a girl I've never seen in my life asks us.

"Because she's hot," Stiles states with a sigh, "beautiful people hang out together."

I roll my eyes at his hormonal comment.

"Can I disagree with that? You don't see me hanging out with Lydia Martin, thanks."

Stiles narrows his eyes and give me a questioning look.

"What? I'm hot, am I not?"

His eyes widen and he agitatedly moves on his spot, the girl that came here disappeared the next second. Okay then...

"How am I supposed to know if you're hot or not?" Stiles asks me instead of answering a simple yes or no question.

"Because you are a boy..." I state slowly for him to understand. "Unless...oh, don't tell me! I knew it! So you like Danny now?"

"What? What the hell is wrong with you, Emma? I'm not gay!"

He keeps moving his hands; I swear Stilinski has a problem.

"Then why can't you just tell me I'm not beautiful and it's over?"

"Because you actually are beautiful; okay?!"

It is my turn to look at him with wide eyes. Did Stiles Stilinski compliment me? As in saying I am beautiful?

Both butterflies and awkwardness fill my stomach and for the first time in a while, I don't know what to tell him next.

I hear noise behind me and I break eye contact with Stiles to witness Lydia and Jackson stealing my future best friend.

"See you at the field?" Scott asks me out of nowhere.

"Um, yeah, why not..."

I don't have anything else to do and Lydia will most likely be there with Allison.

I wonder if Scott heard Stiles earlier. He seemed pretty zoned off. Oh well.

Stiles' P.O.V: