7. N I K K A H - M A R R I A G E

Start from the beginning

Haniyah wanted to say something to her, she wanted to scream her words at her mother. She wanted her to understand, that it's not easy for her daughter. That it's not easy for her to comprehend the fact the less then a week ago her parents kicked me out of their house because of her ex- bestfriend, that in matters of minutes she'll be married to someone she had met once, that also in the terms she wished ghetto never met.

Their eyes snapped up as the sound of heels stopped at the door. Looking up they saw Asiya standing there.

Haniyah heart began pacing as the two words left Asiyas mouth,

"It's time."

She couldn't recall what was going on, her heart began to beat. Her hands began sweaty and tears welled up in her eyes.

Her mother's and Asiya helped the bride up, and walked her out of the room, bringing her down the stairs where waiting eyes waited for her. She was made to sit beside the man she would call her husband in the next few minutes. She didn't look up. She couldn't look up at him.

Aaban heart stopped and a small smile grew on his face as he saw his bride being brought down. She looked beautiful, like an angle, his angle. The love that he had for her grew.

Finally she will be mine

Haniyah eyes finally looked up, when he walked in

Her father

He didn't even look at her.

She stared at him with hope.

Hoping that he'll say no and that he'll take her away.

Baba, please.

Baba look at me

Baba, I'm your child, your daughter.

Please, baba, please.

All hope left Haniyah as the Imam began the ceremony. Questions were asked by her soon to be husband first. Haniyah was lost in her thoughts, sparks from her hand brought her out of her thoughts. She looked down to see that her hands were covered by the man who with two words she will call her husband.

"Do you?"

Haniyah started at the Imam in confusion.

"Do you Haniyah Aminah Azad accept your nikkah to Aaban Zaveer Waheed for $30,000 as Mehar in the witnessing of Aayan Raheem Waheed and Zulqurnain Hamad Ali?"

She looked at her father who still hadn't look at her.

Daddy, please say something

"Haniyah?" I heard her mother's voice.

With the little strength she had, spoke two words that would change her life.

"I accept"

And the question repeated two more times with Haniyah answered back with the same words.

"Barakallah hu lakuma wa baraka alikuma wa jamaah baina kuma fii khair. (God bless you and God bless upon you And gather you in good)" a Daya was recited by the Imam.

She was married.

The tears streamed down Haniyah's face as her mother kissed her forehead. She felt Aaban hand tighten his hold on her hand. The sparks were flying everywhere, just how they are explained in the books.

"May Allah bless you with all the happiness, my child. May Allah bless you with all the best in this world." She spoke silently

And then she backed away.

Haniyah looked up from her lap, only to see the figure of her father, mother, and brother leaving.

They left.

Her father and Zuber didn't even come to her.

They never spoke to her.

How could they?

She closed her eye hoping when she open them this will all be just a dream, but deep down she knew this was a reality.

This wasn't a nightmare.

This was her life.

This was her new life.