"How did that blasted Deng Yin find out?" he growls, his old face looking ferocious. A traitor! However, this is a top secret that only a couple of people know. Those people are, of course, occupying seats just below the emperor!

"Should we inform Yan Long of our speculation?" asks Hou Ru.

The Grand Marshal takes a seat while nodding. He seems to have aged a decade. "We can't move a large number of soldiers to the south. This will only alert all those hiding factions."

Hou Ru thinks for a moment before proposing. "Let's send Fang-er and his men." As the father of the popularly known military genius, he knows his son's ability. He believes that Hou Fang has the capability to fight in a bigger field. Restricting him in the capital will only dull this sharp blade. This is something that the Grand Marshal, grandfather to the seventeen-year-old captain, knows as well so he nods in assent.

"Speaking of that brat, I heard he's been getting close to those brats of Yu family," the Grand Marshal opens, old and wise eyes not betraying any of his thoughts.

"Tao-er has always been close with the first young master Yu," replies the son. The father and son duo look at each other and choose to move to a different topic.

-----

The following days, the capital is engulfed in a tense atmosphere. General Su, also known as the White Tiger General, raises up his banner and, along with his three hundred thousand cavalrymen, heads to western border. Soon news of foreign invasion travel along the streets.

Li Ming is studious by nature. He seriously listens to the tutor, Bai Jie, especially about the customs and traditions in this world. He finds out that men can legally marry as long as they have their family's blessing or the emperor's edict. They can even adopt and have the child as their legal heir. This world may be backwards in terms of technology but it is more progressive in their social norms.

That night, while lazily leaning on a padded couch, Li Ming is so immersed in his daydreams that he is caught off guard when a pair of arms snakes around him and pulls him to a warm embrace. He soon calms down and even leans back further, closing his eyes and laying a soft kiss on the exposed bronze skin. Li Ming wishes to grow up faster! Only five years old, can't do anything R-18 with his beloved.

Hou Fang chuckles at the kitten-like attitude of Ah Huan. He nuzzles a delicate ear and gently bites it. The child whimpers and the captain has to stop himself from going further. Not yet. Now is not the time. He settles for a peck on the cheeks.

"Ah Huan, your big brother Fang is going somewhere for a mission. I don't know how long it will take me to complete it but I promise you, when I return, I will formally propose to you." Hou Fang faces the surprised and slightly panicky child. "Hey, it's ok. Believe in me, please?" He pecks that cute nose. "Ah Huan will wait for me, right?" The response he gets is a tight hug and a nodding head.

While the iron is still hot, Hou Fang decides to strike. "So how about this big brother sleeps with Ah Huan before my departure?" The small child stiffens and gives him a suspicious looks. "I promise that all we're going to do is sleep."

Li Ming's right eye can't help but twitch. His beloved is developing a new kink. He can't be a pedo, right? But since Hou Fang has already given his word, Li Ming is assured. He reluctantly nods then thinks of something. He takes out an improvised pencil and notepad, writes his worry, and shows it to the other man.

<What if the servants find out? Won't they tell my family?>

"No worries, I will leave before the sun rises." He absently answers while looking curiously at the slightly long and pointy object.