{ FIRST ARC : BABY, BABY, BABY OH~ }

Chapter 1

An intense soul-shattering pain racks his body. He feels as if his whole being is being shredded to pieces. He groans and tears up, willing for the pain to go away.

He remains in that state for who-knows how long. Suddenly he feels a cool sensation driving the ache away. Hush, I am here. You will be alright. A voice echoes in the dark. So familiar yet so strange. Who...

Li Ming wakes up with a start, whole body dripping on cold sweat. That dream again. He checks the time on his digital clock atop the bedside table. Only four in the morning. He has another hour to spare but Li Ming decides to get up and take a shower. He walks to the bathroom and turns on the light. He observes his reflection on the mirror. A sleep-deprived face greets him. Short black hair sticks to his pale face. Large black eyes stare back at him. Snow white skin looks paler under the fluorescent light. He looks like a mess.

He takes a brief shower and heads back to the connecting bedroom with a towel around his hips. This time in the morning during winter can be chilly. Li Ming, however, never likes wearing bathrobe. He randomly grabs a boxer, a pair of jeans, and a navy blue shirt, and wears them. Too lazy to bother with his damp hair, he proceeds to the small kitchen and brews himself a nice blend of coffee.

Smelling the nice aroma, Li Ming can already feel his mood getting better. He takes a gulp and sighs contentedly. He checks today's weather with his smartphone and frowns. A snow storm is predicted this afternoon. Should he take a day off? He quickly shakes his head. His superior might kill him. They are having some mechanical problem with one of their new machines that cost the company more than a million dollars. He, as one of the proficient engineers in the department, must find a solution as soon as possible. Else they will miss the deadline and will have to answer to their valued customers.

Feeling depress with the thought of work, Li Ming thinks of taking vacation after this ordeal. Winter in Canada is something he really wants to avoid. But alas, who told his parents to migrate here during his childhood? Li Ming starts imagining of the beach, the sun, and all the hot and almost naked men strolling along the sandy shore. Lost in his daydream, Li Ming almost arrives late at work.

In the afternoon, a heavy bout of snow comes pouring down. Traffic is everywhere. Li Ming decides to work till ten in the evening in hopes of avoiding getting stuck on the way. Fortunately, when he drives along Highway 401, there's lesser number of cars. Sleepy and hungry, Li Ming yawns and blinks blearily. Without warning an eighteen-wheeler truck slips on the road and careens to his side. Li Ming has recently purchased a BMW i8. His heart lurches with the thought of his baby getting scratched. He jerks the steering wheel to the left, hoping to avoid collision with the truck. Li Ming has completely forgotten that the road is very slippery. And that he is driving 90 kph. The white BMW slides and spins on the road before colliding with the truck and flipping over a few times.

 The white BMW slides and spins on the road before colliding with the truck and flipping over a few times

(BMW i8)

------

Li Ming gasps as he sits up. His onyx eyes are wide open in shock. Something isn't right. He touches his face, his chest, and his legs. Everything is intact. Is he alive? Blinking confusedly he looks around and finally notices the dim space surrounding him. Where is this place? Is this between heaven and hell? He pinches his right cheek and feels nothing. So I'm dead?