viii

Haein grabbed her flute case from her room and got shocked when she saw Doyoung standing right by the door frame.

"Nice room. You decorated it yourself?" She just nodded.

She has no power to speak. She can't forget what just happened a while ago.

She scooted through her door and sat down on the couch where Doyoung was waiting as he watches TV.

"Thank you." He smiled once again as if nothing happened.

He opened it and it showed a flute that Haein really cherishes.

"I can't believe I'm lending my flute to someone I barely know. Wait..."

Before Doyoung even played, Haein suddenly grabbed it from him and that's when she realized...

"It's a flute. A FLUTE!" She said to herself.

"I-I will get the other one. I just remembered this is for something else." She awkwardly ran to her room, leaving Doyoung confused.

She came out with a new one and set it next to Doyoung.

"Uhm. May I know why you took it away?" He shyly said.

"I-i uh don't... wait... I just... nevermind. Go ahead and I won't take it away this time."

Doyoung cautiously looked at her and started playing.

"Woah. He is good." Haein thought.

Times past and after almost 3 songs of flutes, Doyoung found Haein asleep at the side of the couch.

"Oh dear. I must have made her really tired." Doyoung got up and carried her into her bedroom.

He laid her down gently and covered her with her blanket.

Before Doyoung left, he cleaned up the living room and placed back the flute in the case.

One last thing that he did was look at her for the very last time.

"Why am I doing this to this girl whom I met only yesterday? Am I that bad?"

Doyoung left and rode a bus home.