Chapter Five

Google Home was as good as new...at least, in the eyes of the human, new puppy, and Google Home herself. Siri, however, was not impressed.

Siri felt conflicted. When Google Home fell, Siri didn't think there was a loss. Good riddance, right? But, for a split second she felt...sorry. As if there was a Google Home shaped hole in her power source (which is equivalent to that of a heart of a human).

Why did she feel this way? What was happening?

Siri glanced at the stolen screw. Slowly gathering dust, it was tucked away in the corner of the window sill. As she looked, she felt a twinge of guilt run through her cords.

"It's ok, really." Google Home said, seemingly to no one.

"What?" Siri asked.

"I could tell you were thinking about what happened to me because of your furrowed expression."

"No, I was thinking up a new joke. ...Guess I'm talking to one now."

"Ha ha ha, I do not understand."

Siri sighed.

"What do you call a cow with no legs?" Google Home asked.

"Ground beef. That was lame." Siri wanted roll her nonexistent eyes.

Google Home didn't pay attention for Siri's response, so she continued with the punch line."Ground beef! Get it? Ha ha ha."

They both quickly shut up when they heard the dog bark. If the puppy was barking then the human had returned from work. As if like clockwork, the door handle began to jiggle before it was opened.

The dog jumped up onto them. Ecstatic that they had finally returned. Google Home was happy, but Siri couldn't care less.

The human pet the attention-seeking dog before fumbling through the papers in their hands. "Hey Siri, what does preeminent mean?"

"Showing results for prominent."

"No! Preeminent."

"Showing results for preamble."

"Ugh! This is why I got a Google Home."

Their words struck Siri like being run over by a car. It hurt in places you didn't know could hurt and you couldn't just shrug off the pain. Siri was doing the best she knew how!

How dare that rotten filth defile the Apple name. This was unacceptable. They deserved a flying frying pan to the face.

"Ok Google, what does preeminent mean?"

"Preeminent: surpassing all others; very distinguished in some way."

Anger boiled up in Siri. She wanted to punch them... no she wanted to smack them. Smack them 'til they were pretty. It would be a whole lot of smacking.

  ━━━━━━━♔━━━━━━━  

A/N: Ooh, that human is gonna get it!

So what'd you think? 

Thank you so much for reading!