Chapter Forty-One

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~

☆Jordyn's POV☆

~

"You're just lucky you're all still alive." Alex snickered. I ran over to Nathan immediately. He had a black eye and he was dragging his right leg when he walked. My eyes watered up; this was all my fault. The others didn't look any better- especially Tom.

"Leave them alone or I won't get your crest!" I shouted, holding back my tears.

"I believe it is the other way around, little girl. Get our crest or I will kill all of them right in front of you!" Alex snarled before stomping away.

"Jordyn, what is his crest?" Max asked, grunting as he tried to sit comfortably against the concrete wall and floor.

"His gang... they have a valuable golden crest. My mother wore it as a necklace and it is still in her jewelry box. If I can get it, Alex will leave us alone." I explained.

"How could he expect you to do that if you're locked up in here, though?" Siva asked.

"Just likes holding me hostage, I guess." I shrugged. "Are you all okay? This is all my fault... I am so so sorry this happened." I apologized.

"Nonsense, Jordyn. This is Alex's fault." Siva assured.

"We are fine. We would all do anything for you." Jay added, getting agreements from everyone.

"Thank you." I murmured, looking down. "But your lives rest in my hands."

"Do not worry, my love. We will find that crest. No matter what it takes." Tom told me, hugging me from behind.

"I know." I said in determination. "I will do anything to get it."

~

"It's not in here." I said bluntly. "It was supposed to be in here!" My voice rose in anger and I turned and threw the wooden jewelry box at the concrete wall. It exploded into thousands of tiny wooden pieces scattered all over the floor.

"Love, calm down. We will find it. Let's keep looking, yeah?" Tom asked softly, opening a bin. I sighed in exasperation and began looking again.

After an hour had passed I lost it. I had torn apart the entire storage unit and had searched every square centimeter. Ever box, every bin, every single place in the unit that the necklace could be, but to no avail.

I got down to the last box in the entire room. I opened it, not even expecting to find it. Much to my prediction, I slammed the box closed and threw it at the wall where the other one had been. The pile of broken wooden pieces grew.

"Baby, calm down. We will find it." Tom tried calming me down, sliding an arm around my waist. I pulled away from his grip and left the unit, closing it. I walked into the parking lot, him right behind me. "Jordyn, let's go see Nath and the other boys and see if they've found anything, okay?" He suggested. I nodded once and got into the passenger seat. He sat in the drivers seat and revved up the engine.

The drive over to the house was silent. I was drowning in my own despair over the damn necklace, and I was pretty sure Tom was simply scared to say anything.

That was, until we pulled up in front of the house in the driveway. He killed the engine and we sat in silence for a few minutes.

"We will find it. None of us are giving up. Don't worry, my love." He assured me, holding his arms open to hug me. I couldn't hold back my tears. He was just so loving and perfect I couldn't help it. My eyes watered over as I let him wrap his arms around my body, hugging him back.

I squeezed my eyes shut and buried my face in his neck, inhaling deeply. His sweet scent pervaded my senses, causing me to relax.

It was absolutely amazing how he could make me feel so much better by simply existing.

"Hey, don't you cry, baby girl." He told me, wiping away my tears. "You know what, Jordyn? I love you. I love you so much that it hurts." He said, making a small smile appear on my face.

"I love you too, Thomas. More than I can express in words." I sniffled, rubbing my eyes. He leaned down and gently brushed his lips across mine. I connected them, kissing his passionately. I put all of my emotions into it, letting go of all of my fears. In this second all that mattered was us. Not Alex, not the crest, not any of it.

After my minute of heaven, Tom pulled away, leaning his forehead against mine.

"Whatever happens when we go inside that house... we will win, okay? We will never give up." He told me and I nodded. "I love you."

"I love you too."

Hand in hand, we walked up the front steps into the house. We heard rustling upstairs so we went up and found the four of them in my dad and Karen's room, holding a safe.

"Any luck?" Max asked us. We both shook our heads sadly.

"Well, this small safe is our last resort. We've searched every inch of this place besides this safe. And I have the key right here." Nathan said, holding it up.

I held my breath and the five of us crowded around Nathan. He put the key into the lock and twisted it. The anticipation was eating at me. Carefully, he pulled the key out and the door swung ever so slowly open. We were all being killed with suspense.

As soon as Nathan could see inside, his eyes flashed up to mine. Our eyes connected immediately as I tried to read his for the answer.

However, I couldn't tell if his green eyes held good news, or bad news.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What did you think?

Please Comment & Vote!

Thanks so much for reading (:

xxx