Chapter Twenty-One

~

Jordyn's POV

~

That night Nathan wouldn't stop asking me all about my date. He kept babying me and saying 'aw, my baby sisters first date!' If I didn't love him so much I would have punched him right then and there.

"Did he kiss you?" He asked. I was on my laptop watching Netflix while he was probably on twitter or something like that.

"No, Nath. We didn't kiss. It was only our first date." I replied.

"Jordyn, can I ask you something?" He asked in a serious tone. I paused my show and looked up at him.

"You just did." I smiled.

"Jordyn," he warned. I sighed and nodded.

"Are... are those guys from that gang... are they still after you? Why were they after you? You never explained everything to me."

"Listen carefully to me, Nathan. There are still some of them out there. They will always be a threat unless all of them are dead. The police only got the ones at the scene. Agent X once told me that if the police ever got involved, they fled to a small town in Alaska. They have a base there. But they didn't tell me what town or what part of Alaska. Trust me, they're a big gang and they have many allies. I'm not trying to scare you, they are just determined and clever. But this is my battle. For my mom. Jake has lived through it and even though I hate him, we will always share this hardship. I won't them hurt you or the others. But trust me, they aren't a threat right now. It should be months before they are under the radar enough to come after me."

"I was so scared for you. I love you, Jordyn. You are like a little ball of fun. We all need you." Nathan confessed.

"Hey, I turn eighteen in two weeks. Then you guys are stuck with me. And I have legal independence." I smiled.

"That you do. So, did Tom open the door for you? Did he let you walk in first?"

I rolled my eyes. What was it going to be like on my second date?

~

Tom's POV

~

I was still replaying my date with Jordyn over in my head. I was in a happy mood and nothing would change it.

Or so I thought.

Three text messages changed everything.

The first was from Kelsey. It simply said, 'hey, I need to talk to you.' The second was also from Kelsey, saying 'I want you back. I miss you. Please, can we talk?'

The third was from anonymous. All it said was 'this is your first warning.'

~

Nathan's POV

~

"Morning, mate." I said as I made some tea. Tom nodded at me once and went back to half-watching the news and half-sleeping.

"Morning everyone." Siva and Nareesha came downstairs.

"You wanna make breakfast?" Tom asked Nareesha, giving her a puppy-dog face.

"Save that for Jordyn. Your little girlfriend." Nareesha teased playfully.

"Hey, I didn't ask her to be my girlfriend. I knew it was her first date. I want to do this right."

"You better not hurt her." Jay said as he came down the stairs, followed by Max and Nina.

"Why does everyone think that I would?" Tom pouted.

"Because you've had more one-night-stands than you care to admit and you've cheated on many girlfriends before." Max said sternly.

"When I dated Kelsey I changed, alright?" Tom snapped. "I really like Jordyn and I'm not going to hurt her."

"We know, we know." Siva said, trying to calm everyone down. "Jordyn is like a little sister to all of us. We're just trying to look out for her."

Tom nodded.

"Guys, I trust that Tom won't hurt her. So can we please switch the subject?" I sighed. Tom smiled thankfully at me while the others began grumbling about other things.

My mind was spinning as I sat down on the couch with my cuppa.

Tom would never hurt Jordyn, would he?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What did you think?

Please Comment & Vote!

Thanks so much for reading (:

xx