Chapter Thirty-Seven

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~

☆Tom's POV☆

~

I stopped running when I realized Jordyn wasn't following behind anymore. I jogged back to our towel but she wasn't there either.

"Jordyn?" I called out. Nothing.

Her phone was in her bag so I couldn't call her.

Great.

I went back up to the boardwalk and looked around. It was really crowded and people were walking in every which direction.

"Jordyn!" I called out. A few people gave me weird looks but I ignored them and kept going, calling out her name every once in a while.

My heart was hammering against my ribs and I felt like I would explode in panic. She was nowhere to be seen.

...What would Nathan say?

~

"You fucking lost her?!" Nathan screamed into the phone.

"I don't know what happened! She was chasing me up the boardwalk and I turn around and suddenly she's gone. I searched or seven freaking hours!" I defended.

"Call the police, check her phone, have a search party. I'll be down there by tomorrow." He sighed.

"No, Nath, don't. I can handle this. I told you I could do this."

"And then you lost her. I trust you, Tom, but I'm coming for the safety of my sister. I'll book a flight for tomorrow morning."

"Okay." I finally sighed and then he hung up. I was so stupid! How could I lose her?

I grabbed her phone from her bag and turned it on. Immediately, two messages came up.

If you ever want to see your bitch again, go down to the beach where you were today at midnight tonight. If you tell anyone of this meeting I will kill everyone you love right in front of you. -A

Oh, I almost forgot. Bring all the money to your name. -A

The number was blocked for the messages and the only clue I had was that whoever had Jordyn had a name that began with an A.

I sat reading the text messages when it finally clicked. This A person had Jordyn and wanted me to meet him with all the money I had or he would kill everyone I loved.

It was eleven o'clock so I took out my wallet. I had my credit and debit card with me as well as about three hundred American dollars. This was supposed to pay for the rest of our week.

Angrily, I grabbed a vase and threw it against the wall. Jordyn didn't deserve this. And it was all my fault they got her. If we weren't being so foolish, I would have prevented this.

I buried my face in my hands and couldn't stop my eyes from watering.

How does someone lose a person anyways?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~

☆Jordyn's POV☆

~

"Ah, she's finally awakening." Someone said with a sickening snicker.

"What time is it, A?" Someone else asked.

"Hawk, Black, go help Dirt with loading the truck. He should be here any minute." Someone said. I recognized the voice.

I opened my eyes only to see it was extremely dark. I was sitting in the sand on the beach. I looked around and Alex was standing right above me. In the distance two men were walking over to a truck where three other men stood, all wearing black.

Everything around was completely silent and empty. The only sound was the waves crashing on the shore.

"What-"

"Shut up, Jordyn. Tom will be here any moment. Move and I'll shoot you in the leg." Alex said, no sympathy in his eyes or voice.

Tom.

One of the only people I didn't want to get involved. I just wanted Tom to be safe, but now he wasn't all because of me.

Suddenly, I heard speaking up near the truck. I strained to see, but I saw a figure. It was Tom, I knew it.

He started down the beach towards us. As he came closer, his eyes didn't even flicker towards me. They showed raging fire and didn't leave Alex.

"I'm here. Now let Jordyn go." He said in a loud, stern voice.

"Do you have the money?" Alex asked. Tom reached into his pocket and threw his wallet at Alex.

"All the money to my name. Now let Jordyn and I go and leave us alone from now on." Tom growled.

Alex checked the wallet and smiled. Then he did the most despicable thing. He chuckled. He chuckled at Tom and then looked at me and chuckled. He was definitely crazy in the head.

"Oh, Thomas. How foolish of you. I told you that you could see your little bitch again. Not that either of you are escaping." He said with a devilish smile.

Just then, someone grabbed Tom's arms and held them behind his back. Tom groaned in pain and I jumped up in instinct.

"Stop!" I shrieked. I heard a shot and before I knew it, I was on the ground. I took in quick shallow breaths and felt my entire body go numb. A scream got caught in my throat.

I was suddenly brought back to reality when a shooting pain spread from my leg and through every nerve in my entire body.

"No! Jordyn!" Tom yelled, struggling against the two men holding him.

"Told you if you moved I would shoot you in the leg." Alex laughed. I reached down to looked at my leg. A pool of blood was already forming underneath and there was a medium sized hole in my leg. I turned and threw up in the sand. I held my stomach.

"Please... don't! Stop hurting her!" Tom screamed.

"Take them to the truck." Alex ordered. A man came over and grabbed me, putting a cloth over my mouth and dragging me up the beach.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What did you think?

Thanks so much for reading!

Please Comment & Vote(:

xxx