I felt my knee touch someone else’s then, and I knew immediately it was Megan’s leg. She was actually wearing shorts, and so was I, which allowed our skin to graze each other’s. I clenched my jaw as I forced my eyes onto Blair, praying that this dinner would be served in five minutes. I felt as if I was suffocating.

“Sam are you okay?”

I looked up at Shawn’s question, still refusing to allow my eyes to look in front of me, “Uh yea, just tired.”

He sighed, “Don’t see how, you stayed in your room all day.”

My shoulders shrunk in embarrassment as I felt Megan’s eyes focus in on me. I gave Shawn a sarcastic smile that said ‘Did you really have to say that?’ as I watched the waitress approach us.

Then I felt Megan’s leg against mine again as I shifted, attempting to get away from her but realizing I had no where’s to move. Her skin was so soft and smooth, as if she had just shaved, and she was warm, and suddenly I began to think about the way her skin would feel against mine.

“Can I get you guys anything to drink.”

And I nearly shouted, “Do you have scotch and coke? Or beer? Or anything alcoholic?”

Shawn’s glare engulfed me as I watched the waitress shake her head, “No sweetie, only Coke products.”

I sighed, leaning back in my seat and waving my hand, “Then water for me.”

I kept my eyes fixated on Shawn, and then realized I had kind of gone overboard with the alcohol question. Did I really want to get drunk that bad? Simply because Megan was here staring at me and making me extremely uncomfortable and aroused?

I bit my lip at the last thought I had, realizing I had actually thought that.

God I was so screwed.

When the waitress walked away I readied myself for Shawn’s rage, “Seriously Sam? We’re at a diner. They don’t sell alcohol.”

I shrugged, “Well now I know that.”

“What’s wrong with you?”

I felt all eyes on me in this moment, and I was wondering why Shawn had become so aggressive towards me. I mean, I had been punished for nearly a week and I was really going crazy and he was mad at me? I hadn’t had alcohol in over a week! He couldn’t blame me for wanting to order something.

Although, I was only nineteen.

I shrugged once more, “Nothing.”

I watched him shake his head as the waitress approached us again, allowing us to stop our very awkward conversation and order some food. I was glad, because the last thing I wanted to do was lie about everything right in front of Megan.