First Victory

Hey guys! Sorry for taking so long to update. Iv'e been really busy and sick. Here is the next chapter. It's not very long but I hope you like it. 

"Ready to begin the countdown?" Czech asked, looking at me as though she has already won. I said nothing. "Good. 10. 9. 8. 7." I looked at Italy. He still stood there frozen. "6. 5."

"Italy..." He didn't move.

"4."

"ITALY... FOR GOD SAKE, SHOOT HER!" I screamed.  He didn't move.

"3."

"ITALY!!"

"2."

I looked away from Italy. I gave up. I accepted my soon fate. I closed my eyes. "

"1"

                                  *BANG!*

I held my breath and stood there frozen. Waiting for the bullet to pierce through my skin, into my head, putting me into a never ending sleep. It never did though. I opened my eyes. In front of me was the limp body of Czech. There was a pool of blood starting to form around her. The blood was coming from a shot to her chest. I stood there over her body, stunned.That's when I realised that there was silence.

I turned to my left. Italy stood in front of me. His gun was in his hands, pointing where Czech had stood. Italy's hands were shaking. His bright brown eyes were wide with a look of horror. 

Behind him were all the soldiers, mine, Italy's and Czech's. They were all watching us. Staring at the dead body that laid beside me.

"Italy..." I slowly approached him. The world around me was so silent, all you could hear were my footsteps walking across the grass, still moistened from the morning dew. "Italy... Are you okay?" He didn't answer. He didn't move. As I got closer to him I could hear him breathing heavily. I stood in front of him. I put my hand on his shoulder comfortingly. He immediately tensed up. I took my hand off his shoulder and gently took the gun out of his hands. Finally, he looked at me. He stared at my face in astoundment. We locked eyes for a moment before he suddenly reached out and pulled me into a hug. He gripped me so hard you'd think it was life or death. I hugged him back while whispering "You saved me Italy. Thank you."

The embrace lasted only for a few moments. When I pulled away I saw tears in Italy's eyes. I felt a tightness in my chest at the sight. I looked away from him. I moved my gaze over to the soldiers standing, waiting for their next orders, some from their new leader.

I took a couple steps past Italy and cleared my throat. " Czech Republic, first off, do you all speak English?" I looked around at all the soldiers as the Czech Republic all said 'yes sir' in sync. I went on. "Good. So as you know, you are now under Italy's command. From this point on, you are Italians. Do you understand?"

Once again there was a chorus of 'yes sirs'.

"Good. Now, I would like to speak to the next in command." A middle aged man came out of the crowd of soldiers and marched up to me. He stopped five feet in front of me. "What is your name soldier?"

He replied in a Czech accent. "My name is Evzenek, sir."

"Alright Evzenek. I have some questions for you. First, have you conquered anyone?"

"No sir!"

"What weapons do you have?"

"we have a variety of guns, bombs, twenty eight tanks, and eighteen air force pilots ready on command, sir."

"Good. We will need all help we can get."

That's it for this chapter. If you liked it remember to vote. Let me know if there is anything you would like to see in future chapters.