Sweet dreams

Hey guys! I hope you like this chapter. And merry Christmas to those who celebrate.

I grabbed Italy's hand, making sure I didn't lose him as we ran through the woods. I could hear someone gaining on us. I picked up the pace, making Italy stumble. I quickly pulled him along.
I could hear shouting, but I didn't understand the words. It sounded like gibberish.
I felt something land on my head. I looked up, and noticed black clouds moving in, blocking the sun, and bringing a big load of rain. I cursed to myself. As if the situation wasn't bad enough, now we have to find our way in the dark.
Italy followed my gaze, and went even more pale than he already was.

I could feel Italy getting tired. I was myself. But we couldn't stop, if we did, we would be dead men.
I took a sharp left, dragging my companion with me, hoping to lose the mad man chasing us. At first It seemed to work, but within thirty seconds I could hear the footsteps still following us.
The rain started to come down heavier now, and the smell of wet grass and wet leaves started to linger. The rain was coming down so hard, Mine and Italy's hair were already soaking wet, sticking to our heads, and dripping water onto the forest floor. It was getting hard to see. I tightened my grip on Italy's hand, and he did the same back.

"YOU CAN'T RUN FOREVER YOU BASTARDS!" We heard Romano yell behind us.
Beside me I heard what sounded like a muffled cry come from Italy. I looked over at him, but he looked away from me.
By now the sun was completely hidden behind the clouds, and the wind was picking up. I could hear distant thunder, though I saw no lightning. It wasn't safe in the woods anymore. All it took was one strike of lightning, and we could all die. Romano included.

I searched desperately with my eyes for a way out, but found none. I decided if we kept going straight, we will eventually get to the end.

I looked over at Italy again, and this time he looked back. I couldn't tell if he was crying, or it was just the rain. There was terror in his eyes. "Germany... I'm scared." His voice shook quite uneasily. I was scared myself, but I dared not tell him that.

"It will be okay. I won't let anything happen to you. I promise." I told him. And I would keep that promise.

We took another sharp left and ran a few feet. I wish we hadn't. Up ahead was a part of the forest so thick, a person wouldn't be able to get two feet in.

Me and Italy came to a stop. I looked around franticly. The only way around it was if we went back. I looked over at Italy who just realized the same thing.
We tightened our grip on each other's hands, and ran for it. It was really dark by now, and you couldn't see very far ahead.

There was a flash of lightning that lit up the sky and at that same moment, Romano turned around a corner and found us. Italy screamed. We both stopped running.

Romano stared at us, smiling like an insane person. "Hello brother."

"ROMANO!!! PLEASE JUST LET US GO!!! PLEASE!" Italy was begging, this time clearly crying.

"Oh, but that would be no fun." Romano laughed to himself, still staring at us. "I'll tell you what. You leave that beer drinking idiot and you can join me. I will even protect you."

I moved my gaze from Romano, and over to Italy. He gave me a worried smile. Then looked at Romano. " No. I won't leave Germany! He is my best friend. He has always protected me."

Romano laughed again, louder this time. "Oh well. I guess I will just have to shoot both of you." He raised the gun in his hand, aimed, and fired.