Part 1 -TEARS AND MEMORIES

I - TEARS AND MEMORIES

It rained hard. Everywhere was dark and gloomy. It was Friday, everybody hurriedly rushed on their way home with their umbrellas.

It was nearly 6 o'clock in the evening

It was nearly 6 o'clock in the evening. Perhaps for some it was just an ordinary day. Everybody seemed excited for the weekend. Kakatapos lang ng reviews ni Alexine for their exam. She's in her second year of college taking up nursing course.

Well, there was nothing in particular about the rain before, except it had changed for Alexine.

Tulala si Alexine habang umiiyak as she crossed the pedestrian. Hindi makapaniwala sa mga nangyari. The rain poured intensely that night. Tears started to fall down like the rain. It was the coldest evening she ever experienced, giving chills to her bones. Her heart was broken and weary. Hope was gone. Love had let her down.

Pinaasa lang siya ng kaniyang pag-ibig.

In the kitchen, Peachy, her cousin, was preparing for their dinner and at the same time watching the television. She listened to the news about a strong typhoon about to landfall the same night.

"Dinner's ready."
"Where's Aunt?" Alexine was feeling down and had just arrived home soaked from the rain.

"Didn't she inform you na mag-oovertime siya?"

She shook her head. Wet from the rain, she managed to go to her room and skipped eating any meal for that day. For the whole day hindi siya nakaramdam ng gutom. But she couldn't deny her sad expression. Her cousin concluded that Alexine must be really exhausted from her university life.

"What's going on, Alex?" Peachy got curious.

"Wala naman insan. Sige."

She locked herself in her room. Even if she was trying to close her eyes, everything just flashed back to her. She could not sleep.

She got so confused after Rainier, her boyfriend, told her to stay away from him. After two years of dating him, he suddenly dumped her. Wala man lang pasabi, bigla nalang naglaho into the thin air without warning. He fell out of love, he said to her.

She just cried and cried like a river all night long. Then she woke up the next day feeling restless, still could not accept the reality why her boyfriend had left her.

What a mess, she faced the mirror and asked herself, unable to accept the truth – Rainier doesn't want her anymore. She could not stop thinking about him.

She held on to this cute polar bear stufftoy which she just received just last month as a gift for their second anniversary.

"Rain...Rainier, you always succeed in hurting my feelings...you know that I can't live without you..."

"I wonder if he got his name from the rain..He always makes me cry."

"Bumitaw ka after two years..anong nangyari? I deserve a valid explanation."