Too Young (Owen x Orchid)

Start from the beginning

"My name's Owen," he repeated. 

"For now," Orchid nearly sing-songed, a mischievous glint in her eye. 

"I don't care if you call each other, Bob! Something very odd has happened," exclaimed Ms. O, bringing the two back to reality. 

After that day, Orchid was busier than ever, and she had Owen to thank for that. Ms. O would send her partners at Odd Squad on more missions than single ones, normally. They battled spider cats, captured flying goldfish, and even saved the town from a loose dragon with wings. There was nothing they couldn't do, and every day, Orchid's heart grew slightly warmer when she was around the previous, security guy. It was another typical day as they sat with all of her toy dinosaurs against the greenery, sipping on some juice boxes. Just then Ms. O had called them into her office, but it wasn't what Orchid was expecting. 

"You'll be happy to know, that I've finally found the perfect partner for Agent Orchid," Ms. O proudly announced. 

"What," Orchid shot out in disbelief. 

Owen looked over at her, a bit concerned by her distressed outburst. 

"You heard me. We need Owen back on security. Even though you two have done great together, a lot of those missions have also been things Ohio didn't have time to fix," Ms. O reluctantly admitted. 

"But Ms. O! Who would be his replacement," Orchid questioned. 

"Agent Ohlm. I think you're the perfect person to keep him in line," Ms. O happily smiled a little. 

"Wait, so is he a rebel, or something," Orchid guessed. 

"No, he's just what you would say... different," Ms. O hesitantly answered. 

"Different," echoed Orchid. 

Ms. O sighed, "Look you will begin working with Agent Ohlm on Monday. I'm not changing my mind." 

Even though that was her final word, Ms. O couldn't help but feel a pang of guilt/sadness, as she watched the two agents depressingly shuffle out of her office. 

"I guess this is goodbye, Sherman. It was nice working with you," Orchid spoke, as she stuck out her hand. 

Owen shook it as he replied, "Yeah... bye."

As he walked down the stairs, it took everything in Orchid to blink away her tears. What made it worse was it felt as though her heart was literally breaking. She was too young to fall in love, right? On Monday, Orchid wasn't sympathetic to Ohlm at all, and her sassiness levels were through the roof. Ms. O even yelled at her for failing to do her mission correctly, especially by not letting Ohlm help. 

"Then you should have let me keep my old partner! I didn't want a new partner! But you made me have one! I don't want anything to do with this, Sherman, and I never will! I already had a Sherman," Orchid cried, before running out of Ms. O's office. 

Her boss sighed as she looked up from her place behind her desk, seeing how much Orchid's words had hit Ohlm. 

"Orchid, what's.... wrong," Owen awkwardly finished after she had sped past. 

He knew where she would be though, so he followed the path to her toy dinosaur closet, where he heard gentle sobbing from inside. 

"Orchid," he cautiously asked, cracking open the door a little. 

"Go away," she ordered, on her failed attempt to sound intimidating. 

"No. We may not be official partners anymore, but you're still my partner to me. What happened," he wondered, sitting next to her. 

"It's not fair! Ms. O forced me to get a new partner! And just when I realized...," she trailed off. 

"Just when you realized what," Owen questioned, raising his eyebrows beneath his bangs. 

"Everyone's always told me that I'm too young to fall in love, so I didn't bother to tell anyone about this," she reacted at first. 

"You didn't bother to tell anyone what," Owen hesitantly wondered. 

"I love you, Sherman. You're the only Sherman for me. I don't want anyone else," she stated. 

"Hey," he spoke, gently taking her smaller hand. 

"We'll always be partners," he insisted. 

"But we don't even work together," she rudely pointed out. 

"Yeah, but I'll always consider you my partner," he casually shrugged. 

"Thanks, Sherman...," she responded, looking at her hand he was holding. 

"Besides, people are always telling me that I'm too young to fall in love too, but I love you," he confided, Orchid jerking her head up towards him, staring at him in shock. 

"We might be too young to really date, but we're never too young to be in love, and work together as partners," Owen explained. 

"Thanks, Sherman," she weakly, half-smiled. 

"No problem," he shrugged. 

Then a pale pink blush was dusted across her cheeks, as he leaned in and delicately kissed her forehead. 

"I love you, Orchid," he said. 

She smiled with her eyes still closed to savor the moment. 

"I love you, Owen," she answered, causing a special grin of his own to stretch across his face.

A/N: This pairing was requested by, @keshaswarrioranimal . Please go follow her, and read her one shots. They're amazing. <3 Also, the idea for this one shot was inspired by Sabrina Carpenter's song, "Too Young." I get so much inspiration from her music. <3 Please remember to comment, vote, and follow. Thank you!