~ w ~

For the rest of the day, Val can't seem to keep her eyes off of Draco Malfoy.

If he or Harry notice, they don't mention it, but she knows she has to get it under control before her brother shows up because he most definitely will. In front of everyone.

It doesn't stop her mind from wondering how it would feel to be loved as completely by someone as Draco loves Harry. To be comfortable enough to put your life on hold just to be a part of theirs and for them to be a part of yours. To take the time to actually work on yourselves together.

Val and Harry had never done that. Especially not together. They had only been together for a year before Draco showed up the first time, but back then she'd thought that's what had made them work. The fact that they just clicked. She's starting to realize that that mindset only works when you plan on staying friends with someone. Relationships are built on trust and change and compromise and growth and before Draco'd showed up and turned her world upside down, they had gotten stuck in some sort of overly polite phase.

She wonders if Harry would have ever even said anything. Wonders if it was easier to love her because it wasn't as all consuming as his love for Draco. The thought hurts but she'd understand. They fill in each others broken bits because they've had time to figure out how, not just because they fit there.

She wonders how Draco and Harry had fit together in bed, what their more intimate relationship is like. Can't help but think about how handsome they both are. She's curious to know if Draco's moans sound like music. If he and Harry harmonize when they're together. She's biting her lip to keep from releasing a sound at the thought but she still can't keep her eyes off of them.

"Val?" a voice calls and when she blinks Draco is staring directly back at her, a smirk on his lips but ears tinged pink. She looks away clearing her throat and locking at her abused lip.

"Er...Yeah?"

"I said did you want to go change before we grab a bite to eat or are you fine with what you're in?" Harry asks with a small smile and she feels her heart thrum at the attention.

"I think I'll go wash up a bit. I feel all sticky from the flight." She stands up and stretches a bit then accidentally makes eye contact with Draco again and she can feel her cheeks heat up as she looks away quickly. "I'll peep in on the boys, say hello."

The door closes behind her with a soft click and she leans against it with her head in her hands trying to get her thoughts together.

Through the wood she can hear Harry's rumbly laugh and that too makes her heart swoon.

She's royally fucked.

--:--

Teddy is laid facedown on the bed, arms in front of him as he tries to hold James in the air with only his feet. He's trying not to laugh as hard as James is because he doesn't want him to topple over, but his brother's laughter is infectious.

"Jamesie, stop!" he says snorting out a laugh. "I don't want to drop you."

"I bet you it'd be easier if I stood up," James says seriously, cheeks still pink from laughing.

"On my feet?" He laughs again. "No, it wouldn't!"

"I wanna try it." Without any warning other than that, James rolls off of Teddy's feet before standing on the bed in his own sock clad feet and attempting to climb back up.

"I hate you so much," Teddy groans out when James steps on his butt in an attempt to get more leverage.

"Stop moving!"