09

𝐅𝐀𝐊𝐄 𝐃𝐄𝐀𝐓𝐇
Be areful of that g i r l
there's a fire burning behind her eyes
she makes k i n g d o m s fall
— and monsters wish they'd never been born

𝐅𝐀𝐊𝐄 𝐃𝐄𝐀𝐓𝐇Be areful of that g i r l             there's a fire burning behind her eyes she makes k i n g d o m s fall — and monsters wish they'd never been born

"Is three enough?

"Depends on how many cameras they have. But I think so." Stiles assured, his eyes meeting Alex's.

The couple stared at one another; each expressing their own wariness toward the plan. They had an extensive conversation that morning before they had arrived at Scott's house—neither of them shy on voicing the many things that could possibly go wrong and why it was a horrible idea. That plan could end up as their worst plan ever—higher on the list than Mexico.

"Are we really doing this?" Liam asked, his nervousness conveying in his tone.

Scott nodded firmly. "We're doing it. Tonight."

Ducking his head down at his Alpha, Liam continued with caution. "But isn't it kind of dangerous?" He turned towards his alpha. "If so, I'm putting in my two-weeks-notice, effective immediately."

"We have to do it," Alex told him. "It's going to take my family about two days to get here, so until then, we do something. Tonight."

"Have you guys done something like this before?"

"Something dangerous? Or something idiotic?" Alex asked for clarification, knowing that their plans usually fell into not one, but both of those categories. "Cause if you're asking me, we've definitely done both." Seeing Liam's face, she placed a hand on his shoulder, "You don't have to be part of it if you don't want to."

Liam stood tall, puffing out his chest, "I'm not scared."

"Then you're borderline idiotic," Stiles patted Liam's shoulder and sent him a wink. "If we do this, we don't know what's coming for us. You know that, right?"

Kira looked at Scott with wide eyes. "How do we even know something's definitely coming?"

"Because the tape from Garrett's bag said visual confirmation required," Scott told her, "So the idea is, what if you kill someone on the dead pool, but you can't send the proof?"

"You don't get paid."

Liam then asked the bug question, "But how does that get us any closer to The Benefactor?"

"He still needs to know if the target is really dead," Alex stated, slowly, "Especially if it's someone high on the list."

Liam nodded his head along, starting to understand it, "So, if he wants visual confirmation..."

"He's going to have to come get it himself."

HEARING Melissa's heart shattering scream of protest made Alex's heart ache. Quickly, she ran over to her, taking her into her arms, petting her hair. She laid my chin on the older woman's head and closed her eyes. She knew that Scott being dead wasn't real, that he just looked like it so that the benefactor would come to see his body, but it still hurt her to see her adoptive mom this upset, and to see her adoptive brother practically dead.