Alpha Brett had been informed of Duskfalls current dilemma but due to the storms further North he couldn't get a Ferry down. As much as he wanted to- it was simply impossible. But with his burning determination for Titania to accept his proposal, and belief that he could bring her back from the edge; he vowed to do what he could. For starters, he had made sure to keep in contact with the ranked members of Duskfall, making sure that they had all the provisions they needed. 

Alpha's of the wild stick together. 

~~~~~

Staying recluse in her Alpha's cabin, Lucy remained curled in a small ball refusing to move. Her wolf clung to the fading scent of Titania. The beams creaked with the icy throngs of the wind, reminding Lucy that she truly was alone. After searching endlessly for her mentor with no luck she had retreated within herself but knew one thing and one thing only: she would never give up.

Nick knacks and offerings had been made, a few flowers here and there. Titania's favorite vegetable covered the dining room table, cards, hides, and offerings of all shapes and sizes took up what had once been a moderately barren room, excluding Titania's desk. 

She whispered to herself, "I am strong." A small whisper in the emptiness of the living room.

She could picture Titania with pride in her eyes at that one statement. Lucy imagined the adamant woman who had been an inspiration to many within the pack. Arctic eyes gleaming at her. Telling her with a pointed expression to move and stop moping. Something that Lucy had become quite good at since her Alpha left. 

She was strong. She had seen Titania and what she was capable of with so much heartbreak in her life. With one rejection she would do the god damn same. Stand up for what she believed in and get it with the remaining breath she had left inside.

No more sulking, she thought. Time for action.

It didn't take her long to arrive at her mate's cabin. She scrunched her nose at the stench of sex that wafted out but knocked regardless. She would get answers, a rejection was not enough to deter her and after losing one of the closest wolves in her life she knew well that life was short. 

A few minutes passed and as she raised her fist to knock again her mate came into view. She was a timid thing, hiding under a veil of chocolate hair and as she laid her eyes on Lucy, they widened. Obviously not expecting her to appear at her very doorstep.

The girl just stared before righting herself and looked outside anxiously. Eyes darting around. "W-what are you doing here?"

Lucy could see the sheen of sweat on her mates caramel complexion, her heritage adding a glow of beauty. Tingles shot through Lucy as her wolf purred. With a slow gulp, she forced words out her mouth.

"It's been nearly a month and a half. I want answers and I think I deserve them, no?" Lucy held her voice firm and could see from the shake of her mates shoulders that she was scared.

"Well now isn't the best time, my mate-"

Eyes vivid Lucy's wolf growled, "I'm your mate. Not him, never  him."

Lucy's mate took a step backward, cautiously avoiding eye contact. Lucy shivered as she watched her mate bare her neck, submitting to her wolf. She really was a delicate flower and her wolf relented as her fear saturated the air.

"Marigold, no matter what you say you're mine. I don't care if you won't believe it but get the idea that I'll give up out your head. I will fight for you."

Marigold's eyes remained indecisive and unsure; continually darting around to make sure nobody was watching. "I can't do this, I'm already bonded."

"And? My mark will cover his." Lucy spat, "I'm your true mate. The one destined for you- why can't you see that?"

With a tortured expression Marigold stood aside and let Lucy in, afraid that her neighbours would overhear. She couldn't afford for her bond mate to find about her true mate, not only would it destroy him but he'd come after Lucy. 

He'd kill her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Copyright © 2019 Butcanthisgirlwrite. All rights reserved.

Unless otherwise indicated, all materials on these pages are copyrighted by Butcanthisgirlwrite. All rights reserved. No part of these pages, either text or image may be used for any purpose other than personal use. Therefore, reproduction, modification, storage in a retrieval system or retransmission, in any form or by any means, electronic, mechanical or otherwise, for reasons other than personal use, is strictly prohibited without prior written permission.