Chapter Six: The Ceremony- Part Two

Author's Note:

Okay. 

Wattpad is being funky and deleting all my stuff and highlight and writing over things I've already written

Therefore, please go back to the previous chapter and read the last paragraph. Parts of this chapter will make a LOT more sense then.

__________________________________________________________

My motions were anything but silent as I crashed through the undergrowth. I had always been short, but never this close to the ground. 

The briers didn't hurt as bad, because my orange fur wasn't snagged by them. But, I still halted in the middle of a dense thicket. Lucas padded around the outside, sniffing. They had lost me. My breaths came quietly as I tried not to make a sound in this strange new form.

I shrunk lower and lower into the dense thorns, but it didn't help me any. As soon as they caught my scent, I was a goner. A low growl erupted from the left side of the thicket; they picked up my trail.

A quaking sound forced its way out of me. I almost sounded like a raccoon.

I assumed I was going to die the moment he uttered that damned word. Partly because I couldn't shift, so how was I supposed to fight in my "original" form, and partly because Lucas was one of the strongest fighters in the pack.

But, after I miraculously shifted, I KNEW I was dead for. A fox. I was a freaking fox. I had so many questions to ask my mother, and so many things I wished I could've said to Anna.

Once I took in my new form, I looked to the king to see if he knew, but he looked just as surprised as me. That is, until his face went dark and he shifted into a massive dark colored wolf with white patches; snarling and barely able to restrain himself from pouncing on me. 

Lucas' eyes lit up with a sort of delight when he saw my puny figure. He stretched his lips across his sharp teeth in an attempt of a wolf grin. His tail flicked impatiently back and forth as he waited for an elder to announce the start of the fight.