By the Han River (Namjoon x reader)

Fandom: BTS
Reader-insert: Neutral
Warning: Cursing
Word Count: 1634
Estimated Reading Time: 7 minutes

The sky was covered with big rain clouds and the weather was cold so there were only a few people alongside the Han River on that afternoon, making it the perfect day to go out for a ride. That was exactly what Namjoon was doing. He was enjoying his day off, riding his bike at a slow pace while contemplating the beauty of the river reflecting the grey sky, and relishing the delicious aroma of wet pavement and grass. However, something caught his attention. A few meters away from him he saw you, a total stranger, wiping away the tears from your face as you were sitting on a bench.

He got distracted by your pretty face and failed to notice a big crack in the pavement, making him lose control over his bike and so he ended up falling on the cold, hard ground, scraping his right hand.

"Oh, my God! Are you alright?" You sniffed and rushed to help him, crouching next to him.

He unclasped his helmet, "I'm okay. I guess I got distracted," he said looking down at his ripped hand and hissing when he pulled some of the skin off, "I'm lucky, I only scraped my hands just a little bit," he looked up at you and smiled, showing you his adorable dimples.

You gasped and blinked a few times, "RM?" you asked surprised.

"Yeah," he chuckled, scratching the back of his neck, "I guess I don't need to introduce myself," he joked.

You chuckled and hid your face in your hands, "I can't believe my favourite idol just saw my ugly crying face," you shook your head frantically, hands still covering your face.

"I don't know what you're talking about, miss," he smiled.

"You can call me (y/n). I'm so glad to meet you! You have no idea," you said standing up, "here, let me help you," you extended your hand and helped him up.

"Thanks," he grabbed his bike and pushed it out of the path, leaning it on its kickstand, before taking a sit on the bench you were previously sitting on. You took a seat next to him.

RM took his helmet off and stared up at the sky. You followed his gaze and the two of you admired the huge clouds. After a while, he released a long sigh, "why was someone as pretty as you crying, hm?"

You blushed at his words and looked to the side, sighing, "because I was a fool. I thought me and this person would be able to fix our problems but it seems things are beyond repair..." your voice trailed away.

"Your special one?" he asked softly.

"No. Just a friend. Well, ex-friend, I guess," you said looking at him in the eyes.

"Ah, I see. May I ask what happened?" he asked curiously.

"Yeah... We had a couple of arguments. Nothing serious, to be honest. But they stopped talking to me for a long while and then, a few days ago they texted me again, saying that they would explain to me everything about their sudden and odd behaviour, and what not. And so, I believed them. And I had hope in them. That was until yesterday. An acquaintance of mine invited me to a small party and I thought it would be fun so I went there with my friend and well... the host wasn't very happy about that. In fact, they were super rude. They ignored us and told the people who were around that before inviting someone they should talk to them first..." you sighed again, " I mean, I completely understand. But they didn't even greet us... they just plain ignored us," you frowned, "I was mad and I asked them, 'should we leave, then?' and someone else intervened and said that we should, since only 'specific people' were supposed to be there," you chuckled bitterly, "I didn't even know that. I was invited, period. It wasn't my fault, now was it?"