Insecurities (Jimin x reader | Hogwarts AU)

Fandom: BTS
Reader-insert: Female
Warning: Cursing
Word Count: 3216
Estimated Reading Time: 14 minutes

It was a warm, sunny afternoon at the Quidditch pitch. You were flying around the field with your broomstick, a Firebolt Supreme, trying to beat your own speed record as well as improving your agility and stability skills. You were the fastest flier on your team and you made it your top priority to train hard every single day ever since the captain of the team assigned you to be the new Seeker on your first year at Hogwarts.

Your eyes scanned the area, looking for your personal Golden Snitch that you had previously released from the pocket of your yellow cloak, as you hovered in place but it was nowhere to be seen yet.

You were adjusting your gloves when the sneaky snitch flew quickly past you. You gripped the handle of the broom tightly with both hands and flew after it. When you were getting close to the small ball, the grip you had on the broom tightened supporting yourself with your hands as you carefully placed your feet one by one on the Firebolt Supreme. Slowly you let go of the handle and stood up carefully so as not to fall. You were using a wrist strap attached to your wand in case of an emergency.

You extended your right arm, fingers grazing the golden ball. You leant forward just enough to catch the Snitch almost losing your balance. In a swift motion, you sat back down on the broom and landed on the field. You decided to go back to the castle as it was getting late. So after putting away the golden ball back into your pocket and leaving your precious broom in Hufflepuff changing room, you made your way back.

The Snitch you had been using during training was the first one you ever caught on your first year at Hogwarts. You remembered your first match very well. Hufflepuff against Slytherin. It was a tough game, a bludger had hit you on your side and almost knocked you off your broom. You ended up upside down, hanging from your old Nimbus 2001. Your arms were dangling in the air while your legs were wrapped tightly around the stick as you flew around the pitch aimlessly at a high speed.

The bludger had broken one of your ribs. The pain was unbearable, it was hard to breathe due to the broken bone piercing one of your lungs, and you felt like throwing up but all of that was forgotten when the snitch stopped in front of your face and hovered in place for a few seconds. With difficulty, you reached up and grabbed the handle of the broomstick with one hand, taking control of it again. You didn't have the strength to stabilize your broom so you flew upside down after the snitch. The Seeker of Slytherin tried to knock you off by pushing you with his body but you were quick to avoid the impact by stopping abruptly, so he flew past you losing control of his broom. He ended up crashing into one of the wooden pillars. The small ball zig-zagged in front of you and you focused your attention on it again. After a few minutes chasing after it, you were finally able to catch it, winning the game.

You remembered being in the infirmary for a whole week after that. Jimin had visited you every day, bringing you your favourite candy and homework, keeping you company during his free time.

'Good old times,' you thought as you walked towards the big doors of the Castle. For the past few weeks, you haven't been able to spend time with Jimin. He didn't even go to your last match. You were a bit worried so you talked to his best friend, Taehyung, and he said Jimin was having a hard time. You didn't know what was that all about and you were dying to talk to Jimin and ask him about it but Lady Luck wasn't on your side for he was always busy.

As soon as you opened the doors of the Front Hall, you heard someone singing. The voice was muffled by the closed double doors of the Great Hall. The Frog Choir usually rehearsed late in the evening and it was not dinner time yet.