Chapter 2.

MANUSHI

"Wow, Manni. You look great!" My manager, Eesha smiled when she saw me.

"Thank you." I grinned. "Any news on the guest?"

Us beauty girls had been told there was going to be a special guest coming to our show today, but we had to wait to find out.

"I've heard rumours that it's Virat Kohli." She said, making me raise my eyebrow. "He's always had a soft spot for charities." My manager smiled.

"Right. I went to his building just this morning." I cleared my throat and soon, I had to get to the stage.

"Good luck out there." She smiled and I nodded and thanked her.

This was easy for me. I never got nervous, I never stressed about shows. All I had to do was be myself and smile in front of hundreds of people. Perks of having high confidence levels, and also being Miss India.

One by one, we walked out onto the stage and had our pictures taken.

My eyes scanned the audience.

I saw my family on the fifth row. I waved, and they cheered back. What an embarrassing family.

To the left, I noticed that the front row was men, and men only. That was strange. The men were wearing the same thing, except for the one in the middle.

He was wearing a white shirt, black tie and a grey suit. I couldn't see his face clearly, not from here.

Whoever he was, he must have been important to be on the front row.

At a closer look, I realised it was the one and the only, Virat Kohli. Rich, young, successful. He was the face of every business magazine, every news channel and on the Forbes Top Ten for Hottest Male, and Most Successful Businessman Under 30.

My eyes met with his, and if I was seeing it right, I saw a smirk.

He made me feel nervous, for some deranged reason.

I took a deep breath and smiled at him.

He held his hand up and waved.

Oh my god.

This was not how I'd expect him to be. He was supposed to be ruthless, arrogant, yet charitable.

Throughout the event, whenever I looked at him, his eyes were focused on me. No one else in the room.

This was going to be one hell of a show.

Three long hours later, we were finally finished.

Not entirely. We still had to find out who had won tonight's event. Plus, we had to get pictures with as many people as possible. It boosted our publicity. It would do wonders to mine.

No one here was going for Miss World. But I was. I wanted to be at the top, and I've wanted it since I was a 5 year old girl, causing havoc and posing every time a camera was pointed at my direction. I won Miss India earlier this year, but I wanted Miss World. I wanted my name to be known everywhere.

"Manni!" I heard my manager call my name. All of my friends called me Manni.

I looked over to her and she was with Virat Kohli. My breath hitched when his eyes met mine.

"Excuse me." I said to the people I was standing with, and I walked over to the two of them.

"Meet the sponsor, Mr Virat Kohli. Mr Kohli, this is Manushi."