Chapter 1.

"Thanks, Tommy." Virat said with a sigh and threw the papers on the desk. Tommy smiled and nodded. It felt good when Virat said thanks to him, he didn't often say it.

Virat held his head in his hands. Another deal down the drain.

Work had been bad for the past 2 weeks. He had been bad for the past two weeks. He'd been late to meetings, late for work, ruined deals with his anger, and he'd been going to clubs on weekdays.

"I'm sure you'll have other openings, sir." Tommy, Virat's driver said with a smile. He always tried to keep things positive.

Virat hummed in response. He didn't think things could get any worse. Or any better.

"You can go home early." Virat said, feeling the slightest bit guilty for being miserable around such a positive man, and Tommy looked up with a surprised look.

"How- how will you get home, sir?" He asked. Typical Tommy. Always putting others before him, always caring for others. The complete opposite of Virat.

"I'll drive myself. I'm capable of it." Virat said, making Tommy chuckle.

"Thank you, sir." He smiled and nodded. He left the building.

Peace. Finally. Virat thought. That was five seconds of peace before someone barged into his office, almost giving him a heart attack.

"What's up, Virat?" Arjun, an old friend of Virat asked.

"What's up?" He raised my eyebrow at the man who had no care in the world. "What's up? Arjun, you nearly fucking killed me! You asshole!" Virat shouted, and Arjun chuckled in response. "This is not funny. If you weren't my friend, I'd have you fired."

"Best friend, Virat. I know you don't like to admit it, it's okay." He chuckled, and in return, he was given dirty look. "You're moody today. How is your girlfriend?"

Virat looked at Arjun with his eyebrows raised.

"I don't have a girlfriend, Arjun. I'm not that type of man." He said nonchalantly whilst gathering his things. "Girls tend to stay away from me."

"What about that girl on the weekend?" He smirked.

"That girl was a mistake. I don't know who she was, or why I woke up with her next to me, but that's never happening again." Virat said, and he rolled his eyes.

This was always the case with them.

Virat was always the more popular one, the more good looking. He even has his own charity, which surprises many people. He supports cancer research charities, because when he was an innocent little 8 year old boy, the only man he was close to, his grandfather, was taken by the disease. Nowadays, he does whatever he can to support families affected by it, just like he was 20 years ago. But he still was the arrogant one, the ruthless one. He was impatient, and a huge control freak. If things didn't go his way, he wouldn't like it. He still didn't care about any ordinary people, except for those who cared for him, and in reality, it was only his closest family members, Tommy, and Arjun who did truly care for him. Others used him for his money, which has left him emotionally broken in the past, which is why he lets no one in. No one.

Arjun, on the other hand is the complete opposite of Virat. Arjun was light hearted, fun, had no care in the world, but cared for everyone in the world.

Virat hated parties and clubs, whereas Arjun lived for them. Arjun finds a new girl to be with every month, but Virat doesn't even open up to anyone for them to stay in his life for a month. People come and go for him.

"You're telling me that you slept with a girl and didn't speak to her afterwards?" Arjun asked.

"Yes. That's exactly what I did. You know I can't commit to any woman. No matter who they are." Virat groaned at his friend, who would keep this conversation going for another hour. Luckily, Virat always saw it coming. "So can you just shut up about it? That's an order."

"That's an order." Arjun mimicked Virat under his breath.

"Did you say something?" Virat quickly looked up and lowered his voice. He knew exactly what his friend just said.

"No." Arjun grunted.

"I thought so." Virat gave a smirk and threw a briefcase at Arjun. "You can hold that for me."

"Who am I, your slave?" Arjun scoffed.

Virat looked at him, and nodded.

"Idiot." Arjun mumbled, not loud enough for Virat to hear though.

They took the elevator down to the lobby, and started talking to the receptionist.

Virat was clearly in a bad mood, so neither the receptionist nor Arjun wanted to trouble him. Everyone in his building knew what he was capable of whilst angry.

"I'm expecting three visitors tomorrow. Take them straight to my office. It's important." Virat said to the receptionist and she quickly nodded. She found Virat hot, and intimidating. And so did every other woman in the world.

"Are they coming together, sir?" She quietly asked.

"Yes. And speak up next time you ask me something-" His own speech was cut off when someone entered the building.

She was wearing a simple light pink top, with high waisted black ripped jeans. Virat looked up to her face, and he was lost for words. She was the most beautiful woman he'd ever seen, in his whole life. He couldn't take his eyes off her. Yet she didn't look his way once.

"Who is that?" Virat came back to reality, and put his ruthless mask back on.

"Manushi Chhillar, sir." The woman behind the reception mumbled.

Virat turned his back to the girl speaking to her, and turned to his assistant.

"Find out why she's here, and where she works." He said to Arjun, with his eyes still on her.

"Do you like her?" Arjun smirked, shocked that his best friend was actually interested in a woman.

"No." Virat gave Arjun a weird look. They both knew he was lying.

"Whatever." Arjun rolled his eyes. "Let's go."

And at that very moment, Virat decided that all he wanted was her.

Hey guys! This is my first book and I'm so excited to share it with you. I'm Navpreet, but you can call me Nav, and I hope we can be friends ❤️ 

Please vote and comment what you think! 💖